Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item

Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased 1 or more items from this seller in the past 10 days. You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers

The above is the message I just got when I went back into purchase another item from a seller who I have just purchased from....(couldn't decide at the time if I wanted both items so bought one then a little while later went to buy something else) In this times, wouldn't you want as many sales as possible, ? why would a seller limited their customers to 1 purchase every 10 days?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That would be entirely up to the individual seller to decide how they sell

There may be several reasons

They may have had problems with fake bidders who buy and don't pay,so they don't want to sell more than one item at one time to one buyer

They may have problems working out how to offer discounted postage for posting items together and don't want to be accused of ripping people off on postage

They may not have 'enough' items immediately in stock to allow every buyer to buy more than one at a time

They may have placed short term limits due to Coronavirus

They may have put this in their settings way back for whatever reason and have forgotten they did so

Or other reasons 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Fair enough, just seemed odd and wasn't sure what I was reading as certainly didn't expect that
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

There used to be a setting in the sellers site preferances that had a tick box to do what you describe. I assume its still there. The seller may have inadvertantly ticked it or ebay may have helpfully pre-filled the tick box in when the seller was setting up his site preferences and he may not have noticed. I would try messaging them to see if they are aware of the issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply