Standard International Postage

3 weeks ago I bought Item number:280265136072 from the UK. By today I was starting to get a bit worried as it should have arrived by now. According to the listing it was sent by standard international postage.

I contacted the seller saying that the item hadn't arrived and I was getting a bit worried about the parcel, as usually parcels to me from the UK take about 2 weeks.

This is the reply I got
"I sent it using surface mail it does take quite a few weeks to get delivered the quicker way would have cost double postage as all uk postage price have changed its all about size and weight its mad not be worth buying stuff online as postage will cost more than items
sorry I cant give you a date but I am sure you will get it."

I sent a reply saying that it would have been nice to be informed that they were going to be sending the parcel via surface mail as according to Royal Mail, surface mail takes up to 12 weeks to Australia and they should have stated in the listing it was going to be sent via surface mail rather than air as to me standard international postage means air mail. I also mentioned that PayPal only give 45 days for a buyer to claim if an item hasn't arrived so sending it by surface mail defeats the purpose.

The funny thing is I would gave paid more postage for air but the seller didn't ask if I wanted to as they shipped it by surface mail.

What feedback would you give the seller in this case?
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Standard International Postage

If you need help with tracking an item I suggest you try the boards in Brazil where you are registered.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

RS072990273LT
Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

If you need help with a tracking number it would be better to ask on the boards where you are registered.

Members in Australia cannot give much help.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

If two members from South America bump a dead thread on the Australian boards with minimal information in the same format, I suspect they are not after information. Maybe they are doing that thing we can't mention.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply