There ae groups that advertise a particular product and then send something else,

I  have become dismayed at how Ebay can let operators or sellers give false descriptions on items with some sort of strange excuses fro doing so.  eg.  Wall brackets for TVs are offered having a 75kg weight capacity, however when you get the itme it is rated 50kg on the box.  The excuses.

"The boxes are made for international sales"

"We are certain that the bracket will hold 50KG"

"The bracket is tested in our factory and will certainly hold 50KG"

I kept on insisting that I wanted the one that was advertised at 75KG capacity.

"Could you just mount the one we sent and see how it goes?"

Then after I asked Ebay to stp in I got a refund for ful cost after the seller offered to refund the cost without the postage cost.

I purchased another one after asking if  it would hold 75KG and the answer I recieved was...

"The box is marked 60KG but it will hold 75KG, 90KG, whatever you want...."

Can anyone give me advice on this issue? Will one marked 60KG hold 75KG?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: There ae groups that advertise a particular product and then send something else,

You got your money back, let it go. There are lots of shonky sellers, as I've discovered over the years.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: There ae groups that advertise a particular product and then send something else,

Saying that there are many shonky sellers, adn let it go, is not solving the problem.  Can't we, as a group, encourage Ebay to tighten up on these sellers.  Apparently Ebay is losing customers, and Amazon is entering the market, so it is  imperitive for Ebay, if they wish to continue, to have a clean selling regieme

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Given that eBay is biased towards buyers, you might find there are more shonky buyers than sellers these days. Just ask those selling clothing and DVD. Buyers know that they only have to say their item didn't arrive, despite evidence to the contrary, or say there is something wrong with the item and they get a full refund and get to keep the item. Those rules have brought the shonks out in droves. They give the decent buyers a bad name.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Exactly the same issue with remote control quadcopters/drones.  On the aussie sellers sites, for the identical model, the control range will say for instance, 100m. Go to the chinese sellers and it will be a claimed 200 to even 300m range. Must be those chinese measuring devices they are basing their measurements on. lol

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply