This new feedback field. Yes/No boxes for item delivery time.

This new field in feedback that asks you to tick YES or NO if an item arrived on or before a certain date, seems to be a bad idea.

I just left feedback for an item I received this morning & purposely did not tick either of those boxes, just to see what would happen. As I clicked the submit button I had the daunting thought that it would not allow the feeedback to be posted because I hadn't ticked one of those buttons. 

Thankfully it went through as normal. But now I'm thinking, because I didn't click either the YES or NO button, I hope that it doesn't affect my sellers' account in some way.

The reason I'm concerned about this is because I received an item last week that was delivered the day after eBays' last day in their estimated date range. According to this range, the item was supposed to be delivered last Thursday, but arrived on Friday. This was no fault of the seller, because the tracking showed it got held up at the Dandenong Mail Sorting Centre for an extra day. I gave them 5 stars by the way.

I didn't see this new yes/no delivery date field when leaving feedback for that seller, so it must have started some time after noon on Friday. Either that, or it isn't shown for tracked items, I don't know. I'm going to buy another item this week that I know will have tracking so I'll find out then I suppose.

What I don't like, is if an item is held up in the post & buyers automatically tick NO in that field, they could be going to harm their sellers' account through no fault of that seller. I wish eBay would stop putting obstacles in place for things that are out of the sellers control.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I mentioned on the other threads, I have extended my handling times to allow a few more days for delivery. If this rot keeps up I'll be extending the handling time to 10 days or so.

Ebay's Guessimates are totally unrealistic in most cases.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

So far ebay has asked this question on items that I bought that were delivered without tracking,if you send with tracking the question doesn't come up.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Ok, thanks  kint888. 

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@kint888 wrote:

So far ebay has asked this question on items that I bought that were delivered without tracking,if you send with tracking the question doesn't come up.

So it could be another ploy by eBay to get sellers to send with eBay postage so they have tracking and they

can make more money on fees for postage,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I've heard stories that if a buyer ticks the NO box then the seller receives a defect?

But I don't know yet if this is true.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@kint888 wrote:

I've heard stories that if a buyer ticks the NO box then the seller receives a defect?

But I don't know yet if this is true.

That'd be right, & I wouldn't put it past them to do that. I wonder how many more hairbrained ideas they can come up with, for sellers to get defects that are out of their control. There's way too many now. Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

According to some the new feedback field is apparently a test being run being run by eBay.

Whether it stays or not, or is rolled out more broadly who knows ?

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m06/i10/s01

and another piece on the same issue http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2015/6/1433905908.html

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

That option has been around for at least a few weeks as I had to tick it for purchases a while back.

Like it or not, the total time from order to delivery is what is being pushed by ebay itself.

It is no good sellers saying they posted something on day 1 and shouldn't be judged after that. I agree, but that is not what ebay is pushing & no longer what a lot of buyers are judging things by.

Ebay is out to give buyers a clear expectation of likely delivery date.

And again, like it or not, that is going to be the date most buyers, especially casual buyers, look at & mark the stars on.

That is the reality.

Even I do it. Not that I judge the sellers by that date but I take it as a guide.

What I do find a bit quaint though is if you go to many online buying sites (and I was on one this morning, Dr Grab, to order on behalf of a friend) is you will find most of them specify delivery within 3 weeks. I think with Dr Grab it said 3-4 weeks.

Some of the sites have uppded the ante. Catch of the Day used to take several weeks but now you can expect deliveries in 1-2 weeks. Usually around the one week mark.

But on none of them are buyers led to believe it will be on their doorstep virtually the next day.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@kint888 wrote:

I received a parcel this morning - with tracking.

I got asked the question in feedback - so that's wrong

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply