Unfair removal of negative feedback.

I rarely leave negative feedbacks, except when totally deserved. I follow all rules, and stick to the facts, yet for the second time in the last couple of years, the feedback has been removed. The feedback in both cases does not come under any of the rules for feedback removal, there was no name calling, it was not GSP, just the plain facts as to what happened, and yet it has been removed, by a seller touting that he has 100% Positive feedback. How could he not have, when eBay will just step in and remove the negatives for him.!!!

Any thoughts as to how to handle this? I complained to eBay last time, and the explanation was that they had settled the case and that was the reason, settled yes, but not to my satisfaction, it was "take a part refund for item totally different than described or send it back to India".  This time, again, totally not as described (sent pictures, they agreed), offered part refund or they will send another. Where have I heard that one!!!  The whole feedback system is a joke, when I have seen so much obviously unfair feedback left for Sellers that Sellers have no hope of getting removed.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I rarely leave negative feedbacks, except when totally deserved. I follow all rules, and stick to the facts, yet for the second time in the last couple of years, the feedback has been removed. The feedback in both cases does not come under any of the rules for feedback removal, there was no name calling, it was not GSP, just the plain facts as to what happened, and yet it has been removed, by a seller touting that he has 100% Positive feedback. How could he not have, when eBay will just step in and remove the negatives for him.!!!

Any thoughts as to how to handle this? I complained to eBay last time, and the explanation was that they had settled the case and that was the reason, settled yes, but not to my satisfaction, it was "take a part refund for item totally different than described or send it back to India".  This time, again, totally not as described (sent pictures, they agreed), offered part refund or they will send another. Where have I heard that one!!!  The whole feedback system is a joke, when I have seen so much obviously unfair feedback left for Sellers that Sellers have no hope of getting removed.

This is ruining the quality of eBay, This is what the feedback process is all about and you should be able to give an account of a negative experience. Yep, then some poor sod comes along later and not seeing any warning signs has a bad experience  with that sellr. Then they, themselves have to spend their own time out of their life to get it rectified.

I would challennge this as it's not right!

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I've had clean fact written negetive feedback I made removed too, eBay told me they removed it because I never messaged the seller so perhaps the seller can get away with getting it removed if you don't message them. so maybe that's why it was removed.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

That's really poor. 

Usually when someone comes on and complains about removal of feedback, it's a newbie and you can guess that maybe they have broken one of the feedback commandments.

But you're very experienced and if you say the feedback didn't breach any rules, I believe you, which is what makes your report more worrying.

I expect that when I as a buyer do my due diligence and check out feedback ratings, that they should be accurate.

Please tell us how the not as described claim with ebay went though. I certainly hope you got all your money back there, at least.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@shoppingbag, while this reply isn't about how to get legitimate feedback reinstated (or how to avoid having legitimate feedback removed), it is a way of handling the frustration that such removal incurs...

1. Print out a page with the seller's profile image.
  2. Pin it to a bull's-eye target.
  3. Launch into action and throw the darts right - at - the - image.

This is suggested only for therapeutic purposes.

Do not do this while a small child or a puppy is standing behind the target.

You are permitted to drawl out the words "You're going DOWN" while flinging the darts.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

No they are supposed to message you to offer a resolution so you may revise feedback according to ebays page.

The feedback system is now totally fake and corrupted.

I left legit neutral feedback simply explaining the item does not do what it is listed to do.

Not to mention I didn't even open a dispute as the photo's on the listing are totally different than the stickers on the item aka looks completely different, but I know inside its the same but not the point.

I never got a message from seller or ebay, and my feedback is gone.

It was just to tell others it can't do what it says so they don't waste their time, I didn't even request a return.

This is not to mention, if you look at a seller and it says they have sold 230 of something, you go to feedback to see if any issues with item, they set it all to "private listing", so you can not even tell if the negative neutral positive was about the item you are considering to buy. Total scam that is.

The Ebay feedback system may as well be removed as of now its totally fake and corrupted.

I have been using ebay since 2005 and have been ripped off and lied to many times.

Its now totally unreliable and corrupted.

I will be closing my account and if I can't find an item thats on ebay from a legit website I simply will do without.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

No they are supposed to message you to offer a resolution so you may revise feedback according to ebays page.

I left legit neutral feedback simply explaining the item does not do what it is listed to do.

Not to mention I didn't even open a dispute as the photo's on the listing are totally different than the stickers on the item aka looks completely different, but I know inside its the same but not the point.

It was just to tell others it can't do what it says so they don't waste their time, I didn't even request a return.

This is not to mention, if you look at a seller and it says they have sold 230 of something, you go to feedback to see if any issues with item, they set it all to "private listing", so you can not even tell if the negative neutral positive was about the item you are considering to buy. Total scam that is.

The Ebay feedback system may as well be removed as of now its totally fake and corrupted.

I have been using ebay since 2005 and have been ripped off and lied to many times.

I will be closing my account and if I can't find an item thats on ebay from a legit website I simply will do without.

With a whopping 4 feedback, you closing your account could very well spell the end of eBay. Please reconsider leaving. I don't want to see the site shut down because a prolific user like yourself decides to close their account.

Do you seriously think eBay would care if you close your account? No, they don't care and wouldn't even notice you were gone.

I bet if I came back in 6 months and checked your account, it would still be active. Very few that threaten to leave actually do.

Seeya!

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Thinking more about this, if I were in your shoes, I would go as far as I could up the eBay chain as my time and energy allowed. From what I've seen of you I would say that it would be an unwarranted and unfair removal.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I hear you and I agree with most of what you say. Your voice is one of the many that are not satisfied with how eBay are conductingf matters.

I know of a couple of folks who have closed their accounts. Some are absent and hhave begun selling and buying on other sites IE: Gumtree or Amazon.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply