so this is how ebay operates

Hows this for class..

The other night i won a snipe auction at 1.30 am off this rat REMOVED this charming piece of work then decided he didnt get

the price he wanted (to stupid to end the auction at a normal time)

so he cancelled it and immediately relisted it, so i left negative feed back as you would expect.. i then get a tirade of abusive emails

as listed below

first one (obviously has no idea how an auction works

So i didnt respond, but updated the negative feed back to warn other ebayers that this loser is dishing out underhanded threats.

ebays responce THEY REMOVED MY INITIAL FEED BACK AND THE UPDATE ABOUT HIS THREAT..

AS YOU CAN SEE, MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THE GRUBS THAT RUN EBAY THAN YOUR PERSONELL SAFETY...

CHARMING

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I wouldn't call that an underhanded threat.  It was a threat.  Nothing underhanded about it.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Yes.. not threat of physical harm but the insinuation is there.. and his account is still ticking along nicely..

rest assured ebay have got your back.. not

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

What comment did you leave in the FB? Robot Very Happy

You could try reporting his private messages. (if that's possible)

Signatures suck.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I said.. "cancelled sale as he didnt get the price he wanted" on the initial negative,

then on the follow up i said "am not getting juvinile threatening emails in my inbox, have reprted to ebay"

i spent 40 minutes on chat after reporting his threat and was assured he had breached t's and c's and action would be taken.

ebay took action alright.. they removed both feedback posts and he is back at 100% positive.

have just spent another 30 minutes today on chat with "oh sorry blah blah B&llsh&t B&llsh*t we will launch an investigation blah blah

... full of the proverbial

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

yeah they read my inbox and removed the neg feedback anyway

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I used to say "non seller" in my FB years ago, but geez...ebay has turned into snowkflakes.

Signatures suck.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@sparkys_now wrote:

Hows this for class..

The other night i won a snipe auction at 1.30 am off this rat REMOVED this charming piece of work then decided he didnt get

the price he wanted (to stupid to end the auction at a normal time)

so he cancelled it and immediately relisted it, so i left negative feed back as you would expect.. i then get a tirade of abusive emails

as listed below

first one (obviously has no idea how an auction works

So i didnt respond, but updated the negative feed back to warn other ebayers that this loser is dishing out underhanded threats.

ebays responce THEY REMOVED MY INITIAL FEED BACK AND THE UPDATE ABOUT HIS THREAT..

AS YOU CAN SEE, MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THE GRUBS THAT RUN EBAY THAN YOUR PERSONELL SAFETY...

CHARMING

Well, if there was something in the way that you left feedback that was inappropriate in the eyes of eBay they should at the very least allow you to re-write it. Being able to leave negative feedback is sometimes the only thing that keeps some sellers in line.

Believe me when I tell you that along the way I have dealt with some of the most crooked and dishonest thieves around. I have also dealt with sellers who list things honestly but if they make a stuff up they are either unwilling, mentally or technically incapable of rectifying the issue. Some folk, well they just refuse to take responsibility for their mistakes. They lack the maturity, initiative or intelligence to make things right. And some are just crooks outright!

I hear you!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@sparkys_now wrote:

I said.. "cancelled sale as he didnt get the price he wanted" on the initial negative,

then on the follow up i said "am not getting juvinile threatening emails in my inbox, have reprted to ebay"

i spent 40 minutes on chat after reporting his threat and was assured he had breached t's and c's and action would be taken.

ebay took action alright.. they removed both feedback posts and he is back at 100% positive.

have just spent another 30 minutes today on chat with "oh sorry blah blah B&llsh&t B&llsh*t we will launch an investigation blah blah

... full of the proverbial

Your initial feedback would have stuck. The mistake you made was replying to it. Mentioning that you have "reported it to ebay", implies a dispute has been opened, even though that's not the case. You can't mention disputes in feedback. The seller can have it removed. Given it was "implied" that a dispute had been mentioned, the seller was able to get it removed on those grounds. 

You won't be able to get it reinstated, so the best you can do is move on, and not buy from that seller again.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I agree with you and I bet that is the reason it was removed.

But wouldn't you think those reps in at ebay could use a little bit of common sense at times and maybe have removed the follow up but not the original feedback.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply