Unfair removal of negative feedback.

I rarely leave negative feedbacks, except when totally deserved. I follow all rules, and stick to the facts, yet for the second time in the last couple of years, the feedback has been removed. The feedback in both cases does not come under any of the rules for feedback removal, there was no name calling, it was not GSP, just the plain facts as to what happened, and yet it has been removed, by a seller touting that he has 100% Positive feedback. How could he not have, when eBay will just step in and remove the negatives for him.!!!

Any thoughts as to how to handle this? I complained to eBay last time, and the explanation was that they had settled the case and that was the reason, settled yes, but not to my satisfaction, it was "take a part refund for item totally different than described or send it back to India".  This time, again, totally not as described (sent pictures, they agreed), offered part refund or they will send another. Where have I heard that one!!!  The whole feedback system is a joke, when I have seen so much obviously unfair feedback left for Sellers that Sellers have no hope of getting removed.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Unfair removal of negative feedback.

@Anonymous wrote:

No they are supposed to message you to offer a resolution so you may revise feedback according to ebays page.

The feedback system is now totally fake and corrupted.

I left legit neutral feedback simply explaining the item does not do what it is listed to do.

Not to mention I didn't even open a dispute as the photo's on the listing are totally different than the stickers on the item aka looks completely different, but I know inside its the same but not the point.

I never got a message from seller or ebay, and my feedback is gone.

It was just to tell others it can't do what it says so they don't waste their time, I didn't even request a return.

This is not to mention, if you look at a seller and it says they have sold 230 of something, you go to feedback to see if any issues with item, they set it all to "private listing", so you can not even tell if the negative neutral positive was about the item you are considering to buy. Total scam that is.

The Ebay feedback system may as well be removed as of now its totally fake and corrupted.

I have been using ebay since 2005 and have been ripped off and lied to many times.

Its now totally unreliable and corrupted.

I will be closing my account and if I can't find an item thats on ebay from a legit website I simply will do without.

Okay, dealing with the parts highlighted in red.

It doesn't sound, from what you have said, as if the feedback should have been removed, but feedback is a bit of a secondary issue here.

Unfortunately, if something goes wrong with a purchase and a seller has lied to you, or if an item is clearly not as described and the seller ignores your messages, you need to open a 'not as described' claim with ebay. You need to get your money back. That is the very best way of hitting the seller's tactics and business. If they get too many other cases opened against them, their account will strike some troubles, from what I have read.

At the very least, you'll be costing those sellers money because they will be out of pocket for return postage expenses. In the case of Australian sellers, that is an upfront expense and what is more, they can't give you negative feedback as a buyer. If they try to say something negative in positive feedback, you could have it removed. So they have no real comeback.

By not opening a case, you're playing into the hands of the sellers like this because they get away with it. The best thing you can do for other buyers is to make some sellers wary of how they list things because they don't want to be hit with claims. One of the fastest ways they will learn to tighten up their ads is by seeing consequences.

The bit you mention in green can be annoying at times, I've struck it myself. A bigger problem though is I have heard of some sellers saying their products show eg 5 reviews but when they look at them, they are for similar products and not the exact one that they are selling. If that is still the case, then the reviews aren't very helpful.

PS One thing you can do to overcome the problem is try to mention the product in your feedback, then other buyers can see it.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I don't think this is the only reason as I just had a neutral feedback left without being contacted by the buyer. I reached out to eBay for guidance as I felt it was unfair to not be given any evidence of the alleged issue but also to not be offered an opportunity to respond or make it right. eBay pretty much told me to suck it up. 

On the flip side I received a damaged top. After speaking to the seller who showed no concern, I left feedback which basically said I received a top with a hole in it.... well, that feedback was removed by eBay. There was no name calling, no bold words or capital letters being used. Go figure.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Maybe eBay meant to remove your false positives (a policy violation) and removed the other feedback instead?

I don't know

But be aware if you keep leaving non payers false positives, eBay might decide to restrict your account

Also pointless to leave a green tick saying avoid the buyer who did not pay when nobody else reading the feedback knows who you are talking about (nobody but you when you are signed in can see the buyer's ID)

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

You know it's against ebay policies to leave a positive dot for a buyer but with a negative comment?

And what's the point?  No-one knows who it is to 'avoid' but you.

Pot/kettle IMO

edit: snap Sandy....sorry

Also  a neutral doesn't have any impact on your %

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

No wukkas 😀

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Maybe eBay meant to remove your false positives (a policy violation) and removed the other feedback instead?

I don't know

But be aware if you keep leaving non payers false positives, eBay might decide to restrict your account

Also pointless to leave a green tick saying avoid the buyer who did not pay when nobody else reading the feedback knows who you are talking about (nobody but you when you are signed in can see the buyer's ID)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the positive FB with possible chastisement left by 2012elliebellie11 for buyer(s) are connected to the removal of FB for seller. I'm assuming the FB that 2012elliebellie11 left for seller was negative. Perhaps one of these occasions where it was removed due to lobbying by the seller and an agreeing ear.  Look, it's now probably going to be a case of play safe and keep negatives as basic and  simple as possible to avoid having them removed. Sadly, "item not as described" kind of thing just isn't enough.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

With a whopping 4 feedback, you closing your account could very well spell the end of eBay. Please reconsider leaving. I don't want to see the site shut down because a prolific user like yourself decides to close their account

You know very well that many posters have a user name that is not connected to their selling name. This still applies even if they have got a few feedbacks on their posting ID, when they have inadvertedly used this ID when purchasing.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply