Weber BBQ scam ?

cawhitee
Community Member

I recently purchased a Weber BBQ from a user named <Removed>. I bought it hastely and i now suspect a scam, the item was under half price with shipping free. im usually pretty good at picking up scams but for some reason i must have fallen into the trap. does anyone know of any scams like this ?

the user has only been a memeber for 1 month and had 4 bbqs to sell that day, nothing else.

if someone could give me some feedback that would be great 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Weber BBQ scam ?

To add to what others have said, ebay did remove this and the other 5 SCAM selling IDs and their fraudulent listings for

NEW Weber Family Q3100 BBQ LPG very quickly so in this particular case, well done ebay!

Ignore any rubbish auto messages from ebay telling you that  you may still receive your item.

Sometimes it's possible to log on to Paypal and cancel your payment.

If this can't be done, open a Dispute immediately and escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows.

Although the SCAM listings show that the (non existent) BBQs are in Australia, they're actually listed by Chinese Scammers who

either register a new ID on the AU site using fake details or by hijacking another member's account..

Beware of spoof/phishing emails you may receive. Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware , keylogging and virus protection and change all your passwords regularly.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply