What is the point for leaving a neg FB?

I bought a used machine a while ago which was described as PWC but was actually defective, it was not worth it or practical to return the item because it's BIG, so I left a neg FB for that seller. Just checked her feedback profile and discovered that she somehow could (or ask ebay to) remove that neg FB. How and why? What is the point of leaving a neg FB then?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Have you breached any of these rules?

Leaving Feedback for sellers I eBay

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Firstly it doesn't matter how big or heavy an item is, if it's defective and you win a dispute the seller has to pay the return postage.  Secondly, negs can be removed for a number of reasons - if you mention a dispute, or if the feedback is abusive to name just 2. Regarding the first reason, your current neg could be easily removed as well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/leaving-feedback-sellers?id=4007&st=12&...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

My neg FB wasn't abusive. I said in the FB "Washing machine didn't work properly, it shouldn't be listed for sale on ebay". As you can see I picked up a used washing machine and cost $60, the owner was ok for me to bring it back but would you be bothered to spend 3 hours for a trip back and forth to bring it back for a refund? I didnโ€™t bother and already bought another 2nd hand but fully function one.  The thing is I don't know how the seller could ask ebay to remove the neg FB that easy...

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

It wasn't clear from your original post that it was a pick up item. That being the case, for pick up items it's your responsibility to check that the item is in working order before taking it home, since there can be no dispute for "item not as described"  for those items. That could be the reason that the neg was removed.

What was the item number (on the RHS of the listing page) ?

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

This happened nearly 2 years ago so you can no longer see the item anywhere. I just wondered why it seemed to be too easy for a neg FB to be removed like that. 

As for testing the machine b4 taking it home, I did try to plug it in and saw that it turned on but you couldn't stay there to try/run a full load of clothes from start to end to see if the machine would fully work, right? 

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

You wouldn't have had to put a full load of clothes through it, just check that the different cycles were working.

As for it happening nearly 2 years ago, I have to wonder why it's an issue now....or why you felt the need to check her feedback from that long ago.

Hmmm, the feedback's still there, so a storm in a teacup really......

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

That neg FB is still shown on my profile left for her but not on her profile anymore. It's not an issue at all.

Tonight I just went thru my FB profile to see how many neg FB I have left for sellers during the last 14 years since I became an ebay member and found that I only left a handful or so neg FB - not many - as I didn't really want to do so. I just double-checked to see if that seller got more neg FB from other people but somehow found out my neg FB for her was removed. That's why it made me wonder what FB for if they could be easily removed like that.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@spider_xo wrote:

That neg FB is still shown on my profile left for her but not on her profile anymore.

Yes it is, you just need to look at her seller feedback.

Capture.PNG

I just double-checked to see if that seller got more neg FB from other people but somehow found out my neg FB for her was removed. That's why it made me wonder what FB for if they could be easily removed like that.

See above, it hasn't been removed at all.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

What the??   2 years later it's an issue?

The neg FB is still on their fb page - go back 2 years and see.

The reason it's not showing is that FB numbers are only for the last 12 months.

And going back through your FB to find the seller, it's clear you don't know the policies for leaving feedback.   I think all of them could've been removed by the sellers.

Welcome to a lot of BBL's

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply