What is the point for leaving a neg FB?

I bought a used machine a while ago which was described as PWC but was actually defective, it was not worth it or practical to return the item because it's BIG, so I left a neg FB for that seller. Just checked her feedback profile and discovered that she somehow could (or ask ebay to) remove that neg FB. How and why? What is the point of leaving a neg FB then?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@spider_xo wrote:

Gee.... isn't that what you are supposed to do? Tell what you experienced with the trans - no more, no less...

You've been a seller in the past, so perhaps put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself how you would react if a buyer left a neg for you in similar circumstances.

I very rarely leave negs and I've got a prime example at the moment where a neg would be justified. In that case a seller sent a defective item and in their message to me they refused to send a postage label (Aussie seller), they wanted a COM fee and also intimated they would charge a restocking fee on top of that. I won the case, eBay sent a postage label and I eventually got a full refund.

Did I leave a neg ?  No I didn't, partly because I knew the seller would have got a defect on their account so, in effect, to my mind the punishment had been handed out, so the seller got no feedback at all from me.

That's just me, but as others have said your neg looks like an over-reaction to a probably non-existant problem. The only ways that that neg can be removed is if the seller asks for a revision, or if they realise that it can be removed because you threatened to open a dispute in the feedback. I presume when the item arrives you will leave follow-up feedback to partially negate the damage you've done to their account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

And to add to what Padi has said, there is no time limit on follow up feedback.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

@spider_xo wrote:

Gee.... isn't that what you are supposed to do? Tell what you experienced with the trans - no more, no less...

Lol, sure, but in this case you aren't leaving feedback for the experience, you're leaving feedback because the opportunity is soon to be gone and you somehow reason eBay's limitations = seller gets a neg? If the seller would get anything other than a negative for delivering the correct item to you within the timeframe they stated (which is clearly not the timeframe eBay allows for feedback), how can you justify a neg just because you wouldn't get the chance to leave any FB once the transaction timeframe has passed? 

Your logic is no different than someone buying a purple widget, not receiving it yet, and leaving neg FB because they assume it's going to be white for some reason. 

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply