When is ebay going to get rid of Chinese sellers? It is rubbish.

I a so tired of buying from ebay, and getting shoddy goods. The Vacuum cleaner, that blew up in my face. The smart watch  that certainly is not smart. I now try to avoid buying from ebay. Please tell me where my product comes from. I am tired of Chinese rubbish,  and tired of being askec to send a video of my product not working. How on earth can I send a video, of the vacuum that blew up on plugging in? Incidentally,  when I took it to an electrical shop, I was told it was dangerous!!! The smart watch, that loses the information. Ebay, you are killi g your company with this rubbish.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: When is ebay going to get rid of Chinese sellers? It is rubbish.

The answer to your question is probably never. Not while it brings them in money.

In the short term, you're going to have to protect yourself by checking the location of any seller before you buy, and then looking at feedback to double check things are arriving in time and seem to be Australian based.

But the reality is that even here, a lot of our goods are made in China or elsewhere. There are some massive differences though. If you buy from Australia, at least you usually have a warranty, it usually should comply with Australian standards and getting a refund & return postage paid for (on ebay) in the event of a fault is a lot easier.

In the long term, I don't think ebay will 'get rid' of Chinese sellers, but there may come a time when ebay will take more control of the location/postage of new stock.

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

I am now having delivery delay problem from location cheating Chinese seller. I checked location of the seller. It was based in Australia and GPS location also in Australia. But I didn't check the feedbacks. That was my fault. Normally it takes just two business days to get from Sydney sellers. Now I have to wait two weeks instead of two days. Sellers cheating are a problem here.

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

For years Aussie sellers have asked ebay to add a system where the item location must be in the same country, as the "Member since" location.

Ebay has refused and in one correspondence I had with them, they stated some rubbish, that it would contravene their racial policy.

So according to ebay it would be racist to identify a seller who states they are in Aus, is actually in China.

We all know the actual reason for not identifying Chinese sellers, is the fact that China is their biggest cash cow and they don't want to offend it.

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

@cjoo_h3zqm9mq wrote:

I am now having delivery delay problem from location cheating Chinese seller. I checked location of the seller. It was based in Australia and GPS location also in Australia. But I didn't check the feedbacks. That was my fault. Normally it takes just two business days to get from Sydney sellers. Now I have to wait two weeks instead of two days. Sellers cheating are a problem here.

Surely the estimated delivery date though was not 2 weeks away? If you bought from a place where normally delivery is within 2 business days, then I imagine ETA would only have been maybe 4 or 5 days?

if so, but you suspect they are overseas and your item has been delayed beyond what the ad promised, go for them. Put in an immediate claim on the basis 'my item has not arrived'. Then close it asap afterwards. They will have to refund you.

If, on the other hand, the delivery showed you 2 weeks or more but location said Sydney, then that should start to ring alarm bells before you even check feedback.

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

@cjoo_h3zqm9mq wrote:

Why would you buy from a complete stranger without finding out all you can about them first?  Feedback is there for a reason - it's a valuable tool to help protect buyers from themselves shonky and incompetent sellers.

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

I don't want Chinese sellers gone from ebay! I buy from them regularly for things like phone cases and accessories (NOT phones!), stick on transfers for clothing and bags, cheap fancy dress wigs, the occasional item of cheap clothing I then take full responsibility for if it looks / feels hideous and/or doesn't fit, and other small cute things I simply want cheap. Everyone I have bought from over many years has been lovely.

I would never buy expensive clothes, any kind of electronic or appliance, perfume or makeup.

What I DO wish to happen is that when you filter for items only located in Australia, that it actually does that. Ugh.
Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

How right you are!

Some Chinese items are fine & like you, I have had some good experiences-sellers who listed themselves & the item as being in China, gave a reaslistic delivery date range & then followed through.

I just this minute completed a survey that ebay sent in my messages. they don't usually ask me for my opinion so i hopped in while the going was good.

I outlined exactly what you said about the filters!

I also said it would be an improvement if I could set Australia only as a permanent default setting and only change manually to international when it suited me.

While i was there, I thought I might as well mention cutting buyers off from giving feedback for a while if their neg rate is over 90% for 20 or more transactions. Doubt they will take any notice of that one but I said feedback from buyers who are always negative is not helpful to other buyers.

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

They are excellent suggestions!

Ebay seem to be constantly fiddling with things behind the scenes to "improve" our user experience, so why not make some of that fiddling actually useful!? ๐Ÿ˜€
Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

The seller can removed negative feedback.
I have a dispute with a Chinese seller who is selling royal albert Old Country Rose in full set. I thought she is a local and so I trusted her products with good quality. She claimed her products are first quality - second hand products like brand new, however, the products I bought are used, old and second quality-second hand. Luckily, Paypal and card ctr helped to get refund for me.
She still owe me some deposit money that she refused to pay back.
You can ask Ebay/Paypal to help, otherwise ACCC/Fair Trade will look in. https://www.business.gov.au/Products-and-services/Fair-trading/Australian-Consumer-law

I prefer not to buy from Ebay anymore. It is not protecting the customers from scams!
Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

You need to be very careful what you are saying.  

Your seller is in Australia, not China and the items are NOT seconds....second hand as is USED but not seconds.

Your seller was well within her rights to get your negative feedback removed and could well take further action against you if you keep spouting this rubbish.

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply