Where are all the aussie sellers

Hi all

i don't know if anyone else has noticed this as i have but lately everytime i do a search to buy something all the items for sale are from either the usa or the uk

where are all the aussie sellers.

Does anyone know where all the aussie sellers are posting their items for sale, i don't mind buying from overseas but sometimes their postage charges are dearer than the item and not worth it.

Anbd the very few aussie one i come across lately are chrging stupid money as they are trying to compete with the usa or uk prices, and half the time you can get the products from the shop for half the price.

This really anoys me as i wonder where some people come up with these prices i almost feel like contatcing some of them and saying do you know that  you can buy that exact item in the shop for half the price, but i don't.

Anyway i'm just wondering where all the good deals are in australia.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Where are all the aussie sellers

Anyway i'm just wondering where all the good deals are in australia.

There was a post the other day advertising some other Aussie site with great deals, can't quite recall what it was called... I think they had nearly fifty items for sale.

Of course you could just use the search tools at the side of the listing to very easly narrow your results, if you wanted to that is..

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

if you scroll down the left hand side of the listings there's an Australia only option

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member

Where are all the aussie sellers

a lot of us (yours truly included) have closed shop as we couldn't be seen or found anymore.... use the Australia only search function and change your search parameters to 'ending soonest'.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

original-art-au
Community Member

I've noticed some that are international that turn up when you click the australia only option.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member

I've noticed some that are international that turn up when you click the australia only option.

Do you mean the 'Hong Kong, NSW Australia' listings? B-)

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Most of my items are cheaper than the postage, and that's just within Australia.

I don't really understand the OP. They complain about not being able to find Aussie sellers, then claim the ones they find are trying to compete with the OS sellers by charging more than shop prices. ?:| I would have thought the way to compete would be to charge less.

I tend to ignore OS listings when determining listing prices. I work on being able to deliver in a timely manner and that a lot of my stuff is unlikely to be found in a B&M at all, much less cheaper.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Don't forget -

"Shipped by Airmail

from UK to

Australia"

as at least one large bookseller does.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Im here, im an aussie seller and here i am lol