Where are all the aussie sellers

Hi all

i don't know if anyone else has noticed this as i have but lately everytime i do a search to buy something all the items for sale are from either the usa or the uk

where are all the aussie sellers.

Does anyone know where all the aussie sellers are posting their items for sale, i don't mind buying from overseas but sometimes their postage charges are dearer than the item and not worth it.

Anbd the very few aussie one i come across lately are chrging stupid money as they are trying to compete with the usa or uk prices, and half the time you can get the products from the shop for half the price.

This really anoys me as i wonder where some people come up with these prices i almost feel like contatcing some of them and saying do you know that  you can buy that exact item in the shop for half the price, but i don't.

Anyway i'm just wondering where all the good deals are in australia.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Ebay fees (add paypal fees as well) have made it too expensive to sell & make any sort of profit.

I've given up selling for now.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

So not true homeopath, the fees arent that bad, you just have to buy your product low, put a decent mark up on it and you can make a profit, if your not then your paying to much for your product and not listing it with enough of a mark up.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

pomaderris
Community Member

Sorry Harley Chick but the fee structure imposed last year was 'over the top' for many sellers and they have deserted in droves.

As a result the variety of items on Ebay is just is not there any more and it is impacting on the buying experience. Ebay certainly isn't what it used to be.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Sorry Harley Chick but the fee structure imposed last year was 'over the top' for many sellers and they have deserted in droves.

What fee structure? ?:|

Fees on the AU site are cheaper than on US and UK sites.

Anyway, the last thing eBay needs is more sellers LOL

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

megabrandsonline_au
Community Member

Well im a Australian sellers ๐Ÿ˜‰

only top rated sellers are getting the exposure on the first page on ebay rest of us have to work hard to and comply with so many policies and regulations ebay come up with time to time.

i lost my top rated seller staus few days ago becuase few buyers decided that i dont deserve to earn the 5 star ratings.

its tough.....

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

HI, I'm not always on ebay a lot but I'm an Aussie seller, I make multi-sized dresses for summer and babies clothes and I'm trialling undie bags at the moment I also occassionally sell good second hand clothes...I want to go on a holiday so I"m trying to save for an airfare. Thanks for you your post too.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Not true mega - best match (i.e. order of listings) is primarily based on sales figures x number of clicks, then the TRS thingy kicks in, i.e the DSR's, and of course, "Free Postage" is factored in there somewhere:^O  The  algorithym that is used to determine Best Match is so complicated that even some ebay reps will admit they can't explain it:|

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

zombie alert !!!!

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Dragging up old threads to advertise your items is not only annoying it can get you into trouble if you are reported.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

havishamandbaggins
Community Member

So not true homeopath, the fees arent that bad

:^O:^O:^O:^O etcetera

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply