Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

Hey, c'mon—be respectful in your interaction with other members here! 😄

EDIT: Is it just me, or is there some dust floating around atm?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 21 of 54
Latest reply

Bl**dy great dust storm from where I sit tazzie.

Message 22 of 54
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

Hey, c'mon—be respectful in your interaction with other members here! 😄

EDIT: Is it just me, or is there some dust floating around atm?

Yes always try to be. Smiley Wink

Anyway, unsure of the dust floating aound by the one who lives under the bridge won't have any on them. Not referring to any of the last 5 or so folks that posted.

Anyway, with regard to the subject. It's hard to know what a seller says is true or not.  But yes critical thought is important.

Message 23 of 54
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear of your dilemma. It certainly sounds as if something is amiss here. You have opened a PayPal case here and if you haven't closed it then you should be refuinded.

Did you also read that the OP opened a dispute in ebay first and then a paypal case because they thought the seller was doing this to many buyers?

If this is the case then the OP will not get their refund....you cannot open more than one dispute at the same time......they will both be closed and cannot be reopened.

Instead of giving the OP false hope you should tell the whole story.

Yes you can. They let them both run. Where do you get your facts from? Policies no doubt. They don't follow or uphold their own policies, so quoting policies is pointless without experience to back it up. 

Or maybe they do follow policy for honored members?

Message 24 of 54
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Bl**dy great dust storm from where I sit tazzie.

Please tell us. What dust storm are you referring to?

Message 25 of 54
Latest reply

@gypsy-le wrote:

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Given the fact this is face masks, I would hazard a guess ebay removed the listings and that there was no death in the family. Stalling is a common tactic. Make sure you follow through with a case to ensure you're not out of pocket

Message 26 of 54
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

Yes you can. They let them both run. Where do you get your facts from? Policies no doubt. They don't follow or uphold their own policies, so quoting policies is pointless without experience to back it up. 

Or maybe they do follow policy for honored members?

This is the third day in a row you have dished out incorrect information. Were you aware that it's against forum policy to give out wrong information? Maybe you should read the forum rules before throwing any more bad advice out there.

Spoiler
Oh carp.....
Spoiler
It's the weekend......
Spoiler
I will wait for the usual weekend volcanic eruption.
Message 27 of 54
Latest reply

Actually *tippy*toes*, please don't make out dustyattic is breaking policy because that is not the case! Most or all of the times that mentioned member is on the mark. And if by chance something is erroneous then  it is unintentional.  That if the case is not an offence.

Anyway, dustyattic knows a good deal of things and is a lot more helpful than others.

Anyway, lets hope the OP getting satisfactory service from an alternative source.

Message 28 of 54
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

And if by chance something is erroneous then  it is unintentional.  That if the case is not an offence.

In my case the boot was on the other foot and I had to weather a ballistic storm..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 54
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Actually *tippy*toes*, please don't make out dustyattic is breaking policy because that is not the case! Most or all of the times that mentioned member is on the mark. And if by chance something is erroneous then  it is unintentional.  That if the case is not an offence.

Anyway, dustyattic knows a good deal of things and is a lot more helpful than others.

Anyway, lets hope the OP getting satisfactory service from an alternative source.

On the mark? Really? Have you actually read the relevant posts? Or found a post that was actually an answer to a question?

And how would you know they are unintentionally erroneous? Unless you're them.

Message 30 of 54
Latest reply