Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

@gypsy-le wrote:

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear of your dilemma. It certainly sounds as if something is amiss here. You have opened a PayPal case here and if you haven't closed it then you should be refuinded.

@gypsy-le wrote:

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

I have a feeling that rather than blatant dishonesty and criminality being the issue with this seller, it appears to be gross incompetence and inability to correct things. There could be a degree of laziness and bad attitude as well.

If by chance the seller is issuing fake Aust Post tracking numbers then that is an offence. However, that may not be the case.

Anyway your negatives are not out of place and sooner or later the seller who for the last month has a 247 Positive, 25 Neutral and 268 Negative reading will fall over on themself.

I hope you get your money back and don't have to endure any more of this nonsense.

BTW: The seller is probably having items shipped from a different location. There should be a clear identiifier on any auction where a seller is selling stock they don't physicallly have. (Getting supplied by another party)

Again, anotther reason why feedback is imnportant.

Message 11 of 54
Latest reply

Bit harsh, 4channel.

Did you miss the bit where the seller had a death in the family and had to go up north.

No?   Had your own agenda happenin' then.

All listings have now been ended.

Message 12 of 54
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Bit harsh, 4channel.

Did you miss the bit where the seller had a death in the family and had to go up north.

Again, another reason why critical thought is important.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 13 of 54
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear of your dilemma. It certainly sounds as if something is amiss here. You have opened a PayPal case here and if you haven't closed it then you should be refuinded.

Did you also read that the OP opened a dispute in ebay first and then a paypal case because they thought the seller was doing this to many buyers?

If this is the case then the OP will not get their refund....you cannot open more than one dispute at the same time......they will both be closed and cannot be reopened.

Instead of giving the OP false hope you should tell the whole story.

Message 14 of 54
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Bit harsh, 4channel.

What agenda do you speak of ?

Seller may or may not have gone up north. True possibly.

Please desist from further attacks on me imastawka!

Message 15 of 54
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

What agenda do you speak of ?

Seller may or may not have gone up north. True possibly.

Please desist from further attacks on me imastawka!

So you're perfectly happy to characterise the seller with "... gross incompetence and inability to correct things. There could be a degree of laziness and bad attitude as well ", but when someone challenges that as a "bit harsh", YOU'RE the one being attacked?!

I didn't realise skin could get so thin!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 16 of 54
Latest reply

Hello tazzieterror. Not worried about the challenge sir. And if I'm wrong on this then I will accept correction. Just the motives of someone  who has an agenda. There's more than recent history . No name mentioning.

Put the "T" on the roll and get what I'm talking about.

And If this is the case of the seller not being what I suggested a possibility of then I'm happy to wear proper (Without agenda) criticism. You being the experienced person you are, I have faith in you having that discernment.

Message 17 of 54
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed. Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂

Message 18 of 54
Latest reply

That's interesting. You name me, then follow it up with a link to a thread that I (or you) never posted on.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Message 19 of 54
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

That's interesting. You name me, then follow it up with a link to a thread that I (or you) never posted on.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

I didn't name you!

Message 20 of 54
Latest reply