Where has my EBay Plus daily deals disappeared? I termed it a bit of a 'scam' and it was taken off..

Hello all,

I am new to Ebay Plus and had decided to join the frenzy to get my hands on a couple of the daily deals last week. I was able to secure my items in a cart, but by the time I scramble to pay for the item, it disappears. This has happened to me four or five times in a row. So, I wrote to Ebay Support asking for clarification. The next thing I know is that I don't get access to daily deals anymore and I don't know why.

To me, the whole thing looked like a bit of a scam and I termed it as such. If not, how can an item in your cart be taken away from you in microseconds before you scramble to type in your credit card number? I can't imagine that happening in a real world scenario.

Anyways, I was wondering if there's anyone else out there who'd experienced the same.

Cheers,

S  

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Where has my EBay Plus daily deals disappeared? I termed it a bit of a 'scam' and it was taken off..

I could never see anuthing in Ebay Plus that would be a benefit for myself so didn't bother joining.

What you say about the deals has been commented on by a few on the boards just lately.  Hopefully someone will be along who can explain what is happening

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I'm like you daydreams, I couldn't see any benifit in joining up. It seems to me that the promos are sucking people in to joining, and then they discover that the items they're interested in have been snapped up within minutes (if not less)............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If the deal is any good and especially if it is anyway tech related, then unless you create a bot you have very little chance of securing an item.   The deals are widely advertised on third party sites and indeed passed between private groups/forums etc, giving tech savvy buyers plenty of time to create bots to buy the items in micro seconds.  If you do not know how to create a bot, join some tech forums or a bit of google research might help you.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

June was "eBay Plus" month.

It's now July - it's likely the daily deals were only for the month of June.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Those deals you were referring to were mostly snapped up by buyers using technological help to automate the buying process. Legal enough, but not in the spirit of the promo. You have next to no chance of scoring one of the more popular deals unless you were also using a similar cheat.

It's worth noting that getting the item into your shopping cart doesn't reserve it for you while you sort out payment. Until payment is actually processed, anyone else can buy it too. The popular items probably make into 10x as many carts as there are items available, and only the fastest 10% of prospective buyers are actually successful.

It's unfortunate if that's the only reason you joined eBay Plus. There are other benefits and sales to take advantage of throughout the year and on normal purchases, but you'd probably need to be a fairly regular buyer on eBay for it to be worthwhile, and be purchasing from the right categories.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply