Who pays the return postage on goods received faulty?

Having problems with a large clock I bought.  It was supposed to be from Australia.  It came in Aust Post packaging so I am guessing it did - but I have to return it and the seller wants it returned to China?  Who pays for this return postage?  I have opened a return via ebay and they said seller accepted your return, contact them for a label.  I have done this (twice) but seller just sent me a dodgy link to a Chinese ebay site with a sign in screen?  So this label I am supposed to get, does it mean it is postage paid by them, or is it just a label with the address to post to on it?  Time is running out, I have a feeling they are stretching it out so the 4th December deadline for me given by ebay to send it back expires so I can;t return it.  Any advice?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Who pays the return postage on goods received faulty?

I'd give ebay a call and get this sped up.  The seller seems to be trying to circumvent the system.  Keep ringing until you get a rep who understands what you are talking about and can help you.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@kylies*swap*cards* wrote:

thank you for that 🙂 interesting reading!

I have contacted ebay and waiting for them to reply. 

I'm assuming the clock was purchased on/after November 1st and so you are going through eBays new 30day money back guarantee where the seller must pay for return or lose the case by default.

CALL eBay on the phone and speak to a rep, like Black Poppy advised, don't do this via email as it takes too long & you don't have that time to waste (plus it's much more effective direct as you can ask/answer more questions immediately as they may arise).

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Tried again once more with the seller they said return post is my responsibilty or I can send them another $6.99 and they will post me another one?  Hmmm no thanks.  I said I prefer to get ebay decide as I am not paying to return something that isn't my fault nor am I risking getting another one sent when it could have same issue.

Called ebay and they escalated it on the spot for me - for some strange reason there was nowhere to escalate it in my section.  The person I spoke to even said I should have a link to escalate it because it has been more than 3 days (it's been 6) since I requested the postage label and didn't get it.  So they did it for me and immediately found in my favour and issued a refund on the spot. 

Just fyi black poppy was right in what she pasted, the rep even said that buyers do not have to pay return postage if the item is faulty or not as described.  Hope this helps someone in the future.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Nice job OP (& BP). Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply