Why can sellers advertise that they are located in an AUS town/city whilst actually overseas?

Why can sellers advertise that they are located in an AUS town/city whilst actually overseas?

I recently purchased an item that has multiple listings indicating that the seller is located in Tamworth NSW, yet when you purchase the goods are in fact coming from China?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Why can sellers advertise that they are located in an AUS town/city whilst actually overseas?

@clock-art wrote:

Whilst the seasoned buyer has awareness in this deceptive practice there are those irregular or elderly buyers who do not.

Oi, don't speak on behalf of elderly buyers by making out that they are fools.

I well and truely qualify as elderly and I dont need ebay to hold my hand.   I have always done my own due diligence and never been caught out by receiving items from China when the listing indicates it is in Australia.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Why can sellers advertise that they are located in an AUS town/city whilst actually overseas?

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@clock-art wrote:

Whilst the seasoned buyer has awareness in this deceptive practice there are those irregular or elderly buyers who do not.

Oi, don't speak on behalf of elderly buyers by making out that they are fools.

I well and truely qualify as elderly and I dont need ebay to hold my hand.   I have always done my own due diligence and never been caught out by receiving items from China when the listing indicates it is in Australia.

Awwww, Lyndal, 96yo isn't old! Who do you think your are saying you qualify as elderly at 96? Come on now!

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Whatever lyndal's age, I'm with you, tippy*toes (taking you seriously for a moment), in saying that the 90s are not old. It's just a good beginning on the way to a decently respectable and venerable old age laden with centuries, where one becomes imbued with wisdom through the osmosis of experience. (Alternatively, if one doesn't learn, one becomes a very foolish older person whom the sere years have failed to inform and whose dentures clack with each incongruous cackle.)

None of us should be defined by or seen mostly through the prism of age! I can become quite impassioned on the subject... although I'm  wary of (justly) falling foul of David Mitchell's "passion" rant. At least I'm not passionate about optimising tax.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply