Why do EBAY Alow so many rip off sellers on their site?

vandemon23
Community Member

Why do EBAY allow so many rip off sellers on their site....Good question!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is a pretty generalised statement....how many times have you been ripped off?

What have you done to prevent being ripped off?

Once you realise you have been ripped off what action have you taken to get a refund?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

They do far less about rip off buyers who bid and the refuse to pay or who make up stories about not getting the item/the item was damaged

In fact, ebay go out of their way to defend them,even when the seller has proof the person is a scammer

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Very common statement,so it seems these days....And what I do about it,is just not buy on Ebay anymore.Can get Items way cheaper from the store....Thanks for your reply!

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Did you get a refund?

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

HaHa,,,,Yeah and went straight to Bunnings where I got my mixer Tap for $19.95,instead of ebays $50.00 best price.Wow man I was way happy! ...Thats the main thing !!!!

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I'm sorry, but you only get ripped off if you have no clue how much you should pay for something.

You should always do your research before buying anything on-line.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

The things I buy on eBay are things that I can't buy anywhere else and for that reason only, do I buy on eBay, period.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

A mixer tap from Bunnings, eh? Were you aware that Bunnings tapware is their highest return item for being faulty? When it comes to tapware from Bunnings, you get what you pay for. In fact, you're probably paying way too much for total carp.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@vandemon23 wrote:

Why do EBAY allow so many rip off sellers on their site....Good question!

I don't think they do.

I haven't been ripped off in years. I'm finding that everything I buy, I receive & it is as described.

In fact i have been able to get some stuff on ebay I could not find elsewhere. I was rapt.

Prices for items vary everywhere, not just on ebay. But before you can say something is a rip off price, you have to be 100% sure you're talking about exactly the same, identical product.

If the ebay price for an identical product is too high, just do what you would for a normal store-buy elsewhere.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply