Why is ebay removing negatives left for sellers so easily?

Hi all.

SO unimpressed with ebay removig negatives/neutrals left for sellers selling damaged or items not as decribed.

Then when you ask why they say an internal review was done and they cant tell you why?

Im done buying on ebay. Dodgy feedback policies=dodgy sellers.

Any one else had this problem?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Why is ebay removing negatives left for sellers so easily?

nothing in the feedback i could tell that was breaking the rules. Strictly factual and truthful....but ebay removed it. 

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Funny thing is i opened disputes and provided pics of the damage/faults with the items and ebay found the cases in my favour....then ebay removed the feedback. No feedback revision requests....just removal of the negatives.

Unfortunately if people have no consequences they continue the same behaviour. Ebay has really watered down the feedback system. I wouldnt consider myself a picky buyer or a difficult person but some of the items were only suitable for the rubbish bin! Its amazing how many items were "damaged in transit". Very disappointing

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

It does seem like a strange decision.

The one thing I have learnt about ebay after being on these boards is that their decisions are not always consistent, people seem to be at the mercy of who they strike on the help lines and those at ebay overturn their own decisions sometimes.

And that, to my mind at least, some of the decisions made are not fair and not even logical.

You're right about consequences. But I think sometimes these big companies (ebay, paypal) are just so big they don't attend to finer details, that is left to workers at the bottom of the pile who don't always get it right.

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply