Why is it not compulsory to leave feedback?

I find it frustrating when I go to the bother to leave feedback which is always positive or at worst neutral (on 2 occasions, with slow postage) for the seller and yet I have had a few sellers not leave feedback. I have sent an email via eBay and no response. When I followed this up with eBay, I was informed that it is not compulsory to leave feedback, which I think is not in the best interest of all enaby users. I understand that we cna get busy & forget, but not to respond is just plain rude. The sellers need our feed back as much as we (the buyers) need theirs. I kknow that some eBay members can use feedback in a very negative way, but please can something be done to resolve this issue. I have kept a record of the sellers who do not leave feedback and won't be using them again.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Why is it not compulsory to leave feedback?

Excuse me if I have ruffled your feathers today imastawka.

But I am very aware that sellers can't leave negative feedback for a buyer so naturally my feedback will always look 100% positive but AS I SAID,

I look at it from another angle and that being the seller leaves me positive feedback because I am a buyer who pays for any auctions that I win or buy it now the instant I see that I have won the auction or when I buy it now.

And it is for that reason only that my 100% positive feedback is warranted and if I dare say so I think it is deserved in my case and also any other buyers who treat their sellers with respect and do the right thing by them.

But that is never going to be until sellers have the same rights as buyers in regard to feedback.

And if that comes across as patting myself on my back well so be it Smiley Happy.

Also it might be a nice change if we were to read occasionally that there are some buyers who do the right thing in regard to the sellers but no all we read about is buyers not doing the right thing by the sellers.

In my books when someone makes a swipe at bad buyers the mud sticks to all buyers not just the bad ones. 

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Do you remember the "good old days"  when sellers were able to leave negs?

Do you remember  how every time a seller was negged they'd retalliate with a neg for the buyer?

Do you remember what a travesty the whole feedback system became as a result?

Do youever  read review websites such as Productreview or Tripadvisor?

Can you imagine what a farce those sites would be if the sellers and providersreviewed there were able to trash the reputations of  all those who found fault their products or services?

Just as on those sites, eBay sellers also have the right of reply to negative comments. There is really no need for them to leave feedback at all.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

So true she........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Do you remember the "good old days"  when sellers were able to leave negs?

Do you remember  how every time a seller was negged they'd retalliate with a neg for the buyer?

Do you remember what a travesty the whole feedback system became as a result?

Do youever  read review websites such as Productreview or Tripadvisor?

Can you imagine what a farce those sites would be if the sellers and providersreviewed there were able to trash the reputations of  all those who found fault their products or services?

Just as on those sites, eBay sellers also have the right of reply to negative comments. There is really no need for them to leave feedback

In reply to the _great_she _ elephant . 

Actually NO I don't remember any of that at all .

Now to save any interested ebayers the time and trouble of looking up my eBay stats on my member page.

I joined eBay in October 2006 but I didn't purchase anything until September 2014 I also didn't start reading the discussion boards until a few months ago.

So as for the " good old days "   I know nothing about them.   

Now in regard to this ( Do you ever read review websites such as Productreview or Tripadvisor? )

YES I do occasionally when something interests me.

Now about feedback I have never ever requested feedback be left for me but I do out of courtesy to the sellers that I buy from and also because some sellers request that I leave feedback for them that is the reason that I leave feedback for them.

Because I have never ever received a negative message privately from any seller I also think that all my positive feedbacks are genuine because I treat all sellers with respect and fast payments and are not just said because they cannot leave a negative.

feedback by ebay rules.

Geeze I better be careful or I will be patting my self on the back soon Smiley LOL  

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

slow clap.gif

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

That is rather funny imastawka LOLLLLLLL.

No words were needed LOLLLLLL.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply