Worrying about return

I purchased shoes for $560 (yes I know) and there was clear damage when I took them out of the box.  They are also a different model to the one advertised and have the wrong box.  I tried to be nice to the seller so the return would be smooth but she opened a dispute accusing me of damaging them to get a lower price.  Its all ridiculous.

Now I am concerned because apparently review is 'on hold' and they seem to be asking the seller questions but not interested in what I have to say.  What should I do I am feeling powerless and this is for a lot of money where the seller is clearly in the wrong.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Worrying about return

how can a seller open a dispute against you the buyer?

i think you should open an 'item not as described' dispute.

call ebays customer help and ask for a call back, let them know your story and they can read any communication via ebay messaging. tell them all you want is to return the shoes and get a refund.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

Yes I asked the same question when I called them. She is now accusing me of having damaged them deliberately and opened the dispute (in response to my formal request for a refund) so as she opened it apparently she gets treated better or in preference? Its all really odd as she is clearly the one in the wrong but its being treated as if she isnt. just based on the fact its a different item to the one advertised should have made this an open/closed case which is why I am worried.
Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

If you opened a dispute to get a refund, either party can escalate it to get ebay involved.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

Yes they were permitted to escalate before I was - as I was waiting for the right and they pipped me to it!

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

ah, i see.

well in that case from what ive read on the forums a seller asking ebay to step in usually ends with the seller losing

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

ok thanks, thats helpful as I was worried about the opposite
Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

you've already left RED feedback, so they will dispute it to the end...
Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

I did that today after they said I damaged the item to try to return it and then called me dishonest.  Sorry but that's the consequence, I refuse to stay silent if they are doing the wrong thing other buyers need to know, that is the whole point of feedback.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

I think the phrase  'cutting off your nose to spite your face'  comes to mind.

You should have waited until the dispute was finalised IMO

Seller has no reason to be accommodating now.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply