Worrying about return

I purchased shoes for $560 (yes I know) and there was clear damage when I took them out of the box.  They are also a different model to the one advertised and have the wrong box.  I tried to be nice to the seller so the return would be smooth but she opened a dispute accusing me of damaging them to get a lower price.  Its all ridiculous.

Now I am concerned because apparently review is 'on hold' and they seem to be asking the seller questions but not interested in what I have to say.  What should I do I am feeling powerless and this is for a lot of money where the seller is clearly in the wrong.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Worrying about return

@brucbern wrote:

I had a similar experience to this. I bought faulty ugg boots. The seller accused me of causing the damage and before I had the chance to do anything, as I was hoping to solve the problem amicably, the seller opened a case against me and both ebay and paypal found in the seller's favour. I had to ring paypal in the end and argue my case quite firmly with a supervisor and got my money refunded in the end. This is after paypal saying I might have misused the ugg boot and possibly used them as hiking boots to cause the damage (broken zip).

Logical.

EVERYBODY goes hiking in Ug boots. That combination of flat soles, sheepskin and no support for the foot is perfect. What else would you wear? Hiking boots?

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

@brucbern wrote:

I had a similar experience to this. I bought faulty ugg boots. The seller accused me of causing the damage and before I had the chance to do anything, as I was hoping to solve the problem amicably, the seller opened a case against me and both ebay and paypal found in the seller's favour. I had to ring paypal in the end and argue my case quite firmly with a supervisor and got my money refunded in the end. This is after paypal saying I might have misused the ugg boot and possibly used them as hiking boots to cause the damage (broken zip).

I remember your case.    We were trying to work out whether your Uggs

were genuine or not.

Glad you got your money back. 

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

Sounds very similar.  Frustrating isn't it.  

Well I have some good news as sanity prevailed and I received the refund, begrudingly from the seller of course.  So I guess documenting the damage on arrival (time stamped) and writing to them right away was a good call on my part.  I think if I had delayed for even a day i would have been in trouble.  

I don't regret posting a negative feedback, that is what they are for.  She had to have a consequence for deceiving me and trying to rip me off. 

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply