Worrying about return

I purchased shoes for $560 (yes I know) and there was clear damage when I took them out of the box.  They are also a different model to the one advertised and have the wrong box.  I tried to be nice to the seller so the return would be smooth but she opened a dispute accusing me of damaging them to get a lower price.  Its all ridiculous.

Now I am concerned because apparently review is 'on hold' and they seem to be asking the seller questions but not interested in what I have to say.  What should I do I am feeling powerless and this is for a lot of money where the seller is clearly in the wrong.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Worrying about return

Holy Moly check out all the negs lol

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

ok well maybe i jumped the gun i get your points but i am upset I have been accused of stupid things i would never do.  its all absurb.  All the seller had to do was the right thing and accept the return. 

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

cattycatty - didn't anyone tell you as yet that no one cares about the f/back!

Most unreliable way to "judge" any seller, as buyers are allowed to run rampant, leave unsubstantiated comments, as that is really their only way of vengence - something to make them feel better - and no one else gives a damn!

Did you worry about this sellers previous f/back when you bought the shoes?

Obviously not.

Your neg will NOT stop anyone buying from this seller, so if that was your objective it failed moserably. But it's very effective in turning the seller against you, not cooperating, making it as difficult as possible - but most likely you'll loose the case anyway as the seller has pictures in the listing and your pics would have to be showing  major damage and differences from the listing.

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

Yes i understand your points but I don't agree wtih them all.  I always check feedback so I don't agree with you on that point.

To be clear the item was received damaged, is different to the model it is listed as being and the box is for a completely different shoe.  The photos were taken to conceal the damage.  those are the facts so I have to believe commonsense will previal.

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

@cattycatty wrote:

I have to believe commonsense will previal.

You realise you are on ebay don't you?

Connon sense and ebay are two words that should not be used in the same sentence.

Did you put pictures of the different item in the dispute?  How does ebay know that you did not receive the item you ordered?

The box is neither here nor there....the wrong box does not make it the wrong shoe, which is what ebay will base it's decision on.

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

Cathy, what do you mean you don't agree with me re - the previous f/back?

I naturally assumed it didn't carry any weight with you when you bought the shouse - if the f/backs were already there before you added your neg.

And, gess how much the department  store  offered me for a pair of Loubotins - with quite substantially scraped heel right down the back shaft!

I 'll tell you - 10%! Of the price that was 3 times as high as yours!

So - you better have some gianormous damage to show in your pics before you can even think of getting anything back.

Diffirent box is not going to do it for you.

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

@scrambler3333 wrote:

Holy Moly check out all the negs lol

For someone who doesn't buy often!

Eye opener indeed

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

I was under the impression the community feature was to help each other and be a 'community'.  I guess not. Thanks to those who were constructive.  Over and out from me.

Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

Don't pay too much heed to the voice of doom -providing you paid by Paypal you'll have another chance to state your case by opening a not as described dispute under Paypal's buyer protection (if ebay close in favour of the seller that is).

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

Worrying about return

So you can open another case with PayPal if ebay finds in favour of the seller?

Message 20 of 33
Latest reply