Wrong size sent

I have just recieved a Hungry Caterpilar baby romper suit I ordered on Ebay.  It is really quite lovely but it is not the size "00"  I ordered.  It is more like a size 2 or 3 - 18" long from neck to crotch and 12" wide and the hat fits me!  I have contacted the seller but am yet to hear back from her.   I read on this forum that I am to pay the return postage in order to get a refund.  Am I reading this correctly?   It seems unfair that I should be out of pocket for the seller's mistake.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Wrong size sent

I was actually thinking the same, but I thought it was your decision. If it had been too small it would have been worse, but she will grow up quickly, so if you like it you can keep it and use it in a few months.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@river_daisy wrote:

I feel I should leave neutral feedback and an explaination for the benefit of another buyers.

Why penalise a seller because your view of what an ''00'' should be is unrealistic.  

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I agree with @sugar.

If there is no label on the outfit, then it's entirely possible that the sizing on this garment just runs big. Although how the seller would know which size they're sending would then be a bit of a mystery since there's no information on the garment.

But wait to see what the seller says first.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Just hear back from the seller:  "You must have a very small baby".  I do not, but I think it is  best to just let this one drop - no feed back.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

@river_daisy wrote:

Just hear back from the seller:  "You must have a very small baby".  I do not, but I think it is  best to just let this one drop - no feed back.

Again you are making a subjective comment by saying you do not have a small baby.  Most parents and grand parents are a little biased, and really spin it the way they want.

I'm glad common sense has prevailed and you aren't leaving feedback

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@river_daisy wrote:

Item:  14-7822-98095  (drop down menu - '00' ordered.  I am thinking I will keep the outfit until my grandaughter is old enough to wear it, however, I feel I should leave neutral feedback and an explaination for the benefit of another buyers.

------------------

To me, that sounds like a fair enough thing to do.

It is odd the garment has no size tag, which makes me wonder if the seller has taken a guess as to size.

But if your granddaughter is wearing a range of size 00 clothes from other places and they fit fine and this item is way too big, then I think it would be helpful to give feedback that just says something like-beautiful item but the size runs quite big. 

I know when I look at review sites for shoes, clothes etc, that's one of the main things I want to know-if sizing is small, average or runs bigger. What colour dot you gave the feedback is up to you. You could make it positive or neutral, your choice.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply