Xcover Ebay partner drone insurance scam ?

hey guys, 

has anyone here dealt with Xcover insurnace and in particular with Drones ?

I got excited and purchased a 2nd hand drone of ebay. It then recommended that i also purchase drone insurance

by a ebay partner Xcover. it was $200 ish to cover any accident or damage for 1 year .

The unfortunately thing happened and I crashed my drone but when i went to make my claim with Xcover.
I just kept getting automatic email robot msgs saying that not enough information was sent when I clearly did.
(photos,video,proof,screen shots) now i keep getting emails saying that the claim is still being processed

and its been over one month.

I asked for ebay's help but they said they cant do anything but I am confused because it says that Xcover is a Ebay partner ?

I then found out that the very same drone Xcover insurance can also be purchased for under $10!

did i just fall for a scam!?

Help please.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Xcover Ebay partner drone insurance scam ?

It certainly doesn't sound like you did your due diligence.

Who, exactly, recommended the drone insurance - the seller?

And how did you pay for it?

Did you get proper policy documentation?

Damage by user may not be covered anyway.

Does Xcover have a phone number you can use?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Also some drone insurances may only cover damage that your drone does to someone else's property, vehicle etc.

After having a brief look on the internet, there are companies (eg Allianz) that offer drone insurance, which can be tailored to either a hobbyist or a commercial operator.

I think most people would phone around to get quotes before purchasing.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

These recommendations for insurance come up often as an ebay recommendation after I buy things. I just don't trust it and have never taken it up.

https://www.ebay.com.au/cdp/help/protection-plan/xcover

Latest reply

Seems like they are quick to reply if you give them a bad review on Trustpilot so I recommend you do that, unless one of the bad reveiws is already yours ๐Ÿ™‚

Latest reply

you are correct ๐Ÿ˜ž

I did not. *sigh * . i just trusted it because it got recomended and poped up right after i purchased the drone. i just thought it was so convenient and the price seemed right and time saving so i just went ahead thinking that because they said they were an ebay partner that it should all be fine.

ive contacted ebay and they said i just have to deal with them and they have nothing to do with them but then i said if you dont have anyting to do with them .they why did you recommended them to me after my purcahse and why do you allow for them to state that they are a partner of yours.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you! I will try this. appreciate you.

i love your signature. Hard lesson for me to learn.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Unfortunately, taking insurance does not mean that you will be covered - it all depends on what the actual fine print is.

Xcover is just an Ebay affiliated provider of insurance, but Ebay does not set Xcover policies, which is why Ebay referred you to contact them directly.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

This product is a scam, they will not honor much of anything, because they have no honor.

if you paid $200 ebay scammed you

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply