buy it now can seller cancel sale and relist it at a higher price

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: buy it now can seller cancel sale and relist it at a higher price

This should help-
Ending Your Listing Early

If you cannot complete your listing as planned, you can end your listing before the scheduled date. If there are bids on your item, you can cancel them.

Reasons for ending listings early include:

• The item is no longer available for sale.

• There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount.

• There was an error in the listing.

• The item was lost or broken.

Note: Your account will still be charged listing fees (such as the Insertion Fee) if you end your listing early. Consider revising your listing first if there are aspects of it you want to change or improve.

Timing Matters

When there are 12 hours or less remaining and the item has a winning bid, including a reserve met bid, sellers cannot make any changes to the listing, including:

• Ending the item early. Sellers may cancel bids, but not end the item unless the item is being sold to the high bidder.

• Adding to or changing the item description.

Note: Canceling bids or making changes to a listing with bids when there are 12 hours or less remaining, can damage the buyer experience and can undermine trust in the marketplace.

To end your listing early

1. Type your item number into the End My Listing Early form. (You can get this number on your listing View Item Page, on your confirmation email, or on your My eBay page.)

2. If there are bids on your item, choose between:
    a. Cancel bids and end listing early
    or
    b.Sell item to high bidder(s) and end listing early
    If your item has no bids, you can skip this step.

3. Choose the reason you're ending your listing early.

4. Your listing will end and will no longer be displayed on eBay. If there were bidders, they will be emailed that their bid will be canceled.

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

In some circumstances. Yes

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

In this case it sounds like he made a mistake in pricing, probably higher price to ship than he has listed.

Nothing wrong with that.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Oh, I didn't see the cancel ''sale'' bit.

Same thing applies (apart from he should have honoured the sale) but you can report him/her for non-performance.

If it was priced ridiculously cheap though, you know why he/she has cancelled the sale.

More info here-

Cancelling a transaction

Occasionally you may need to cancel a transaction – for instance if the item is lost or broken, or you made a mistake when listing the item.

If you've sold an item but can't complete the sale, you can work with your buyer to cancel the transaction in our Resolution Centre. When a transaction is cancelled in the Resolution Centre, you may be eligible for final value fee credit.

When you cancel a transaction, there's no action against the buyer. If your buyer didn't pay for an item, there is a different process to follow. Learn more about what to do when your buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item process).

1.Talk to the buyer
You can't cancel a transaction yourself. For you to get a final value fee credit, the buyer needs to agree to cancel the transaction. You may also receive a final value fee credit if the buyer doesn't respond to your request.
Contact your buyer and ask the buyer to agree to cancel the transaction. Also, let the buyer know that you'll be opening a case in our Resolution Centre to start the process. Learn more about communicating with your buyer.
2.Open a case in the Resolution Centre
When you open a case in our Resolution Centre to cancel a transaction, messages between you and the buyer are tracked through our system.
Opening your case
  • You can open a case to cancel a transaction up to 45 days after the sale.

• Open your case in the Resolution Centre. You can get there at any time by clicking the Resolution Centre link at the bottom of most eBay pages. If you go to the Resolution Centre from your listing in My eBay, the item number of your listing will automatically be entered in your case.

• Open your case on the eBay country site where you sold the item.

• You won't be able to open a case to cancel a transaction if there's another case open about the same item (if the buyer opened a case because the item was not received or not as described).

To open a case in the Resolution Center from My eBay:
  1. Go to My eBay and click the Account tab.

2. Click Resolution Centre.

3. Under I sold an item, select The buyer and I agreed to cancel a transaction and click Continue. You may need to sign in.

4. Enter your item number (or click Look for item number here to choose from items you've sold recently) and then click Continue.

5. Indicate your reason for cancelling and click Continue.

3.We contact the buyer
Timeline:
  • We contact the buyer immediately after you open your case.

• The buyer has seven days from the time you opened your case to respond by either agreeing or declining to cancel the transaction.

• If the buyer doesn't respond within seven days, you can close the case and you'll receive a final value fee credit.

4.Close the case
To close the case in the Resolution Centre:
  1. Go to the Resolution Centre and sign in.

2. Select the case to be closed.

3. Select one of the following options to close the case:

• The buyer and I have completed this transaction successfully.

• I want to end communication with the buyer.

4. Enter any final comments in the message box.

5. Click Close Case.

Timeline:
  • Close your case within 60 days of the transaction.

• If the buyer agrees to cancel the transaction, we'll credit your final value fee to your account.

• On the 61st day after the end of the transaction, if you haven't closed your case, we automatically close it and you don't receive a final value fee credit.

• Once your case is closed, you can't reopen it.

Things to keep in mind:
  • You must close the case in the Resolution Centre in order to receive a final value fee credit.

• Once the case is closed, you can't reopen it and you can't open another case for this transaction. This is true whether you close the case, or the 60 days expires and we close it.

5.Receive a final value fee credit
  • If your buyer agreed to cancel your transaction or didn't respond after seven days, we'll credit the final value fee to your account within 7-10 business days of closing the case.

• If you'd like your credit refunded to you, you can request a refund of your eBay credit balance.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

If you paid using the BUY IT NOW option then the seller cancelled the sale and has relisted at a higher price, my advise would be to REPORT the seller for NON PEFORMING SELLER.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

The seller is a Sewing Machine Shop and all are free deliveries.  I did not realise it but there have been several negative reports about them when I checked his/her rating that they will not reply to emails etc.  The email I received was from ebay telling me the item was not available.  I checked the Ebay Listing as it had been on all over the long weeknd and said there were 5 bundles of machines and overlockers available.  They relisted the item at a higher price.  It was available.  They did not bother to contact me only ebay and when I checked their ratings I saw several negative reports about items not received not in packaging etc. It is a Janome Franchise.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I might add seller claimed save $1499-00 which was not true.  The sewing machine was a discontinued item and the overlocker only a very cheap model and she is now selling them for $698 free postage.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Did you actually buy it? Or was it on your watch list?

If you didn't buy it, you have no issues whatsoever.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Item was paid for by Pay Pal.  Ebay sent the message to sale items not available. I checked Ebay and she relisted them at the higher price still with free postage.  She claime they were valued at $1499 which was untrue and a barain at $320.  Just annoyed as she has bad reports on feedback and Ebay do nothing with crooks.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply