closing payment and ebay account

Hi I would like to have someone help me with my next step. I have closed my ebay listings some time ago.

Ebay still has some of my sales money but will not send it to my paypal account.

I have up loaded drivers licence and medicare card and for some reason they are not acceptable. I have done this twice. I have informed ebay several times of this dilema and asked for the small amount of monies to be forwarded to my pay pal account (the address is exactly the same as my email account with ebay

However they keep ignoring me and continue to send me emails.

Could someone please advise how to end this matter. I am over 80years old and i just want to stop all this nonsense. Thank you

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You will not be given any payment to your PayPal account. eBay moved to Managed Payments two years ago.

That means you have to sign up to Managed Payments, and verify both your ID and your bank account, in order to receive those moneys. Have you tried to verify your bank account via eBay's preferred method? Alternatively, you can verify the bank account via the micro payments method.

Quoting from eBay:

Tip
You must add a transactional bank account to receive your funds. You can't use a savings account or a PayPal account to receive payouts.

I understand it can be stressful and annoying, particularly for occasional sellers rather than those operating as a business.

Have you looked through eBay's Managed payment help pages? This one (Updating your bank account details for payouts) and this one (Registering as a seller - specifically the Verifying your banking details section) are both of use in cases like yours. Even if you've sold items previously, under eBay's MP (Managed Payments) you'll be classed as a new seller if you've not been consistently selling enough items under MP, and also if you're not already fully verified (ID and bank account) for MP.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

eBay will not send seller funds to PayPal.

If you are apprehensive about giving eBay your banking details then go the the NAB bank and open a savings account (ask for a fee-free account).  When it is all set up you can give those details to eBay.  When the money lands in your account you can withdraw it all and close the account as you won’t be needing it as you have stopped selling.

You could always keep the NAB account and continue to sell, emptying the account of most of the funds every time a payment is received.  Just make sure you let Centrelink know about the account if you receive any Centrelink payment.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have looked through both seller hub and my eBay. I can not find any banner that says MANAGE PAYMENTS or VERIFY BANK ACCOUNT. I have now been trying to do this for a few hours and am not sure what else I can do. I keep going around in circles. 
It would be ok if eBay had a number I could call and get talked through. 

is it possible to do this on iPhone or do I needs pc?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You probably need to do it on a computer, or through the full site on a browser on your phone. Not through the app.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

It is now illegal for ebay to pay you , unless it is to a verified bank account via managed payments.

Depending on how long the money has been on hold, it may be no longer held by ebay / adyen, could now be held by ASIC

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply