do sellers know who gave them a low dsr?

kun-russ
Community Member

I bought and paid for an item within minutes of winning an auction. Seller marked as posted the next day, then 4 days later i get a tracking number which says the item was only just recieved at there post office. So can a seller see who gave them a low dsr 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: do sellers know who gave them a low dsr?

If the seller knows how to get the DSR report, then yes they can.

This is a recent change.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

yes.

& they know where you live Woman Surprised

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Do they really? i only ask as i dont want to be blocked from there shop

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

If the seller knows how to get the DSR report, then yes they can.

This is a recent change.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks i will take that into consideration
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

It's very easy to figure out exactly what DSRs were left by a buyer, and if anybody leaves me unfair low DSRs, they are not only blocked, but I warn other sellers by naming the buyer in my feedback. There is no reason for any buyer to leave me low DSRs because the item description is always 100% accurate, I post the item the same or next day, and I only charge actual stamp cost for postage (which means I lose money on postage because I don't add eBay's 10% FVF).
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Just curious cq, What would you do in my situation?
Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

For the record,i do think feedback should be honest.I wouldn't like something to be marked as posted & sent a few days later.The stars would depend on how long i guess.Even though the seller may deserve to be marked down, they may also have blocked you.

If they had a certain handling time & had other items to post at various times,it may have been an honest mistake to mark as posted.

Dunno,i guess that if you get a funny eBay msg saying something like "this seller is not accepting bids from you at this time" then you will know why you are blocked.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

i haven't left any feedback yet. i will most likely leave a positive and mark postage four out of five tars
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

3 stars & under is a defect so i don't think they will detect a 4 star & i don't think they deserve 5 either.

Mistake or not,sellers will get low DSR if most things aren't perfect.Your seller should watch their posting methods & times in these days of the defect stick.

You probably made a good choice if they sell what you want at price you want & would like to buy from them again.

I've read some upset posts here before from blocked buyers who can't get that item they want from just anywhere.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply