do sellers know who gave them a low dsr?

kun-russ
Community Member

I bought and paid for an item within minutes of winning an auction. Seller marked as posted the next day, then 4 days later i get a tracking number which says the item was only just recieved at there post office. So can a seller see who gave them a low dsr 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: do sellers know who gave them a low dsr?

@kun-russ wrote:
Just curious cq, What would you do in my situation?

Depends on what the listing stated his handling time was, but I wouldn't be happy that he lied about posting it the next day when he waited another 3 days, regardless of what his listing said. With posting time, 1 or 2 stars is a defect so I'd probably give him positive feedback and mark him 3 stars for postage and 5 for the rest (if they deserved it).

Don't forget that with item description, it states when leaving feedback that 1 or 2 stars is a defect, when in fact 3 stars is as well, and I'm very dirty on eBay for not making that at all clear, when 3 stars anywhere else is NOT a defect.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@kun-russ wrote:

I bought and paid for an item within minutes of winning an auction. Seller marked as posted the next day, then 4 days later i get a tracking number which says the item was only just recieved at there post office. So can a seller see who gave them a low dsr 

Just to be perfectly clear, maybe it happened this way:

The seller gets payment say on Friday - he prepares an ebay label on Saturday, which automatically sends you a "posted" notice, (note it is EBAY that automatically sends the email not the seller) - the seller posts it in his local red box.

The red box does not get cleared until Monday and is taken to the nearest postal sorting centre and is scanned on Tuesday - the first scan.

OR:

It misses being scanned at the postal centre, so the first scan is the next sorting office, if it has a long way to go interstate this could be up to 4 or 5 days later.

OR:

The seller prepares the postage label as above, had every intention of posting it, but..... he got rained in .........he got sick ..............his car broke down...................

OR:

He did post it, but the automatic sorting robot sent it to Tasmania first, without scanning, and they sent it back.  (This has actually happened!  see other posts on the boards about parcels going missing).   Smiley Happy

+++++++++++++

As to giving low stars, I think the new defect thing is so unfair to sellers that I only give 5 stars for everything now unless the transaction has been a catastrophe.    And yes, the sellers can see what stars you give.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Sorry reply was to 2011.narelle

You only get a defect for postage time if given 1 star
Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

What did the seller say when you contacted them about the slow lodgement?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

that's right!   I forgot BASIC RULE 1:    first email your seller and discuss the problem

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

The seller gets payment say on Friday - he prepares an ebay label on Saturday, which automatically sends you a "posted" notice, (note it is EBAY that automatically sends the email not the seller) - the seller posts it in his local red box.

The red box does not get cleared until Monday and is taken to the nearest postal sorting centre and is scanned on Tuesday - the first scan.

Couldn't have been that scenario as the buyer would have been given the tracking number in the posted email as soon as they printed the label not 4 days later.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

i dont really see the point in asking why the delay, as it is a delay none the less. If there was going to be a delay the seller should of contacted me 

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

As to giving low stars, I think the new defect thing is so unfair to sellers that I only give 5 stars for everything now unless the transaction has been a catastrophe.    And yes, the sellers can see what stars you give.

I'm the same because I know what it's like to have my stars trashed. I did give a low star rating for postage cost a few months ago as postage on the label was around $10 (it was an overseas parcel and the currency conversion was roughly that) and I was charged nearly $50. Yes, the item was packed well, but not worth $40!!!

I did message the seller and told them why I trashed their postage cost stars. I didn't get a reply and I wasn't blocked either. They seem to have adjusted their postage costs as I have since bought from them again and their postage costs have been reduced significantly.

If I have an issue with an item (which is rare), I always contact the seller. I've never had to open a dispute as any issues have been sorted via the normal messaging service.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

There is one thing more - when U create the label, it definitely has the wrong time on it - say if I create the label at 3 pm today, the time & date will show as around 3 am today (about 12 hours behind).

When I haven't received the payment by lunchtime on my selling ID, the label is usually created late afternoon my time (but not eBay time), & the package will usually be posted early the next day, but if I create a label on a Friday (after 2pm), the package will not be posted until Monday or Tuesday if a public holiday.

Beats me why the label has to have US time on it.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

@kun-russ wrote:

i dont really see the point in asking why the delay, as it is a delay none the less. If there was going to be a delay the seller should of contacted me 

The point?    The point is (basic rule 1):   if you ask the seller, they might have a perfectly reasonable explanation.

On my hobby horse here (not specifically for the OP)  - under the new ebay policy, buyers are just too ready to jump straight to dispute and/or negative feedbacks, without giving sellers the courtesy of an opportunity to discuss a problem.   An email doesn't take much time ... about the same time as posting on these boards, and maybe there will be more good results.

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply