does anyone know what this means?''this page is missing''

hi,I was looking at vintage postcards and there are a stack of listings by the same seller,and when you take a look it says ''oops sorry this page is missing''does anyone know why the listings are still there?they have been there for a couple of years no lie.why doesnt ebay take them all off?the web site says''postcardsonline''

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm seeing the same as you....never seen that before??
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

It came up OK for me if these are the ones you're looking for, I'm using Chrome by the way.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=vintage+postcards&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_f...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I would hazard a guess, given tomorrow is Good Friday, that eBay are running maintenance today.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

These listing have been like this for years, at least 2yrs.very frustrating as they would be lovely to buy.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I'm guessing that it's a seller who also sold stamps, and has been unregistered for quite a while.

We've also noticed that their listings still show in searches, even though they no longer exist as a seller on eBay.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

There's no sold listings, so it looks like they've been ticking over every month.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fosrp=1&_sofindtype=0&_from=R40&_byseller=1&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udh...

Very strange indeed.

Looks like WWOS might be right.

Their % is zero

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

No longer a registered user  and store does not exist, for whatever reason.  Appears no activity for over 12 months.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

How weird - do you know if they used a third-party listing site? eg Did they have fancy listing templates or widgets that showcased their items within listing descriptions? If they did, some of the information may still being communicated to eBay, perpetuating the appearance of the listings even though the items are no longer available to purchase. It might even be other software uploading things and creating phantom listings (i.e real "digital ghosts" lol). 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

How weird - do you know if they used a third-party listing site? eg Did they have fancy listing templates or widgets that showcased their items within listing descriptions? If they did, some of the information may still being communicated to eBay, perpetuating the appearance of the listings even though the items are no longer available to purchase. It might even be other software uploading things and creating phantom listings (i.e real "digital ghosts" lol). 

Ummmm, there is only ONE Digital Ghost, and that is you. Those others would be impersonators.......at best. Or wannabes. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply