eBay Plus is a hidden scam that I uncovered which adds additional charges on shipping

I recently joined eBay Plus on a promotion offer for $4.99 for 12 months  

I have now noticed that if I buy goods on eBay, that have a separate shipping cost like for example $9 shipping for an item , that when your log in to eBay that the shipping price increases by $3 to $12 .

I can buy goods cheaper as a guest on checkout on eBay because they add additional hidden cost to make their money.

I have proven this by looking at many items on eBay that had separate shipping cost where I logout of eBay and also cleared all my cookies in the browser ( if you dont clear the cookies in your browser whilst logged out you will still get higher shipping cost) and the shipping cost was always a few dollars cheaper than when I logged into my account.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: eBay Plus is a hidden scam that I uncovered which adds additional charges on shipping

Read the link below regarding what sellers have to do to conform to eBay Plus options - one of those is their listings HAVE to have "free postage"......

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/creating-managing-listings/listings/selling/selling-ebay-plus?id=4756&s...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Re: eBay Plus is a hidden scam that I uncovered which adds additional charges on shipping

I don't live very far from Sydney, where the item is located.

And I think Padi is not an eBay Plus member either, and he said postage is $34 for him for rural WA, so postage went up for him too once logged in because he lives far from Sydney.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

It does matter if the item is a Ebay plus item or not as additional shipping cost is charged for eBay Plus members to non ebay plus listings

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Try joining eBay Plus and then check out the shipping cost again

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

No I'm not an eBay Plus member Papermoon, it has never appealed to me at all - and even less now with the added restrictions.

.........methinks the OP is like that bloke on his horse racing around tilting at windmills..........

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Even more prove of this scam, I just bought this item for $9 shipping checking out as a guest.

( instead of paying $12 as a Ebay plus member if I was logged on - Item does not have to be eBay plus item to have additional shipping cost as eBay hiding the cost from both the buyer and seller 

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

@rob01ert wrote:

Even more prove of this scam, I just bought this item for $9 shipping checking out as a guest.

What's the item number (RHS of the listing page) ?

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

It would be interesting to know how it really works with location for a guest account...

Anyway, multiple accounts are allowed (apart from circumventing blocking and suspensions), so just create one without eBay Plus and check postage. I really think it is only because of the location and the courier they use. It is not the first time that people in different locations see different postage costs, and it has been discussed in other threads before.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Absolutely nothing to do with ebay plus.  Ebay plus does not apply to any listing that  does not  offer free postage.
So it is simply calculated postage, dependant on your location.

To put it nicely,  you are wrong.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

HI, PM,  if you log in as a guest, your location is not precisely known and could even show as a different state for instance.   The correct postage rate, therefore will not be displayed, until such time as the guest enters a delivery address.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply