eBay bucks mess

y2t2000
Community Member

Your coupon promotions have an ending time that is reflective of PMT.  The coupon is still active during EST time and messed up my purchase.  I purchased a phone solely on getting back 10% Ebay Bucks when I saw the ad showing that I would get that amount back.  After the transaction went through, it didn't show that amount, it showed the normal amount.  I was told that since I didn't purchase it on the date the coupon showed it would expire on, that I wouldn't get that amount.  This needs to be fixed because it has caused an issue on my end, and I will get negative feedback on my account now due to canceling the buy it now auction

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay bucks mess

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Buyers can't get negatives.    So all good there

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Well that is good atleast.  I am just annoyed that eBay won't budge at all.  They refuse to let me show them proof.  The coupon was attached to my account and the coupon should have expired when it said it would instead of still working.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

"The coupon should have expired"

Yes, that's true.

But, eBay is a tad glitchy with its promotion codes at times and it is up to you to fulfil the terms and conditions. Regardless of whether it looks like it is going to sneak in after expiry or not.

You can prove if you bought the item within the timeframe of the terms and conditions by getting eBay to look at your purchase history; since they refused, and you're not going through with the transaction, it's too late to insist on it...they say you didn't. The coupon code still being "active" they should have looked into.

If if was After the time set for the offer (whether it still looked usable or not) then eBay does not have to give you the discount, is the thing to know for next time.

If the eBay rep you spoke to was feeling nice they could have given you a one-off discretionary refund, as it was their error if the code was looking still active...that would have been the right thing to do, really.

Main thing is- stuff ups happen all the time with these codes

If you've abided by the t & cs, you have the right to insist on the money. If you haven't you can just hope they see their error and follow through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Not forgetting that a cursory look at the Paypal transaction WILL NOT show the breakdown of the payment.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yep

but they've killed the purchase now...so I didn't want to raise that (just in case). 

It does seem as if eBay thinks, they didn't allow the discount, anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are in the United States and PMT is US time.

We are in Australia so probably are not much help to you....I suggest you ask on the US boards for any real help.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

eBay t & cs are still going to have to be read and followed...even if a time issue throws a spanner in the works.

I've used codes where I've had to be careful about timing, too.

The basics are the same, really. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Including asking for eBay to look into it properly if there is a stuff up. Here or there. Same advice.

Codes not working right are eBay's little way to keep us on our toes. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply