eBay harbours known fraud Sellers

eBay has no longer the interest in having a Buyer's protection team, nor do they provide Buyers the filter function to show Sellers above a selected feedback percentage % .  Why, you may ask?

Because caring about Buyers no longer interests eBay management.

And as eBay consistently out right refuse or drag their heels to cancel proven fraud Sellers - I'm calling eBay management out as criminals themselves !

eBay even supports Sales listing fraud by allowing Sellers to show one image with a price that doesn't correspond. eBay management even are as so arrogant to try and justify the practice.  

Until they respect Buyers, these eBay directors who refuse to fix the known issues are common criminals themselves.   

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: eBay harbours known fraud Sellers

LOL,  you do seem to like buying from sellers with low feedback ratings, maybe look at your own practices.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

eBay is all about the buyer

It is your choice to buy from dodgy sellers

It is your choice not to use any of the tools you are given to get you money back after making that choice

You are helping keep dodgy sellers in business, and then complaining about they are still in business after supporting them and their dodgy practices

You also show you have no idea about basic eBay policies

Take responsibility for your own poor 

eBay do not read here, so you rant is wasted 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Whata  waste of space

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

There are some sellers on ebay who have what I would call deceptive practices.

For instance, some sellers will display a big aussie flag on their ads, which may lead some buyers to believe they are based in Australia and that they are supporting an Australian seller, when that isn't the case.

However, you can monitor your own buying pretty easily. You can see the feedback % of every seller on the ad page, you don't have to search for it, it is there in front of you. If you click on the number, you'll be able to read all the actual feedback.

If you click on the seller's name, you'll be able to read where they are registered.

The things you mention, such as a filter for % feedback. I am not sure how useful that would be. You'll find a lot of people in this forum who suggest only buying from a 99% + seller and generally speaking, the higher the %, the better. But... there is an exception to every rule-a very low volume seller, maybe a mum & dad type seller, may end up with a very low % over just one negative. That neg may even be unfair. I've seen that happen and have occasionally bought from sellers with a low %, where I had read the feedback & ad carefully and made my own judgement and in each case, I had a good buying experience.

It is fraudulent to have a photo of one thing then post another but if that happened, you could claim a refund on the basis of not as described.

The practice I think you were referring to, where a seller has a drop down list of items, all differeing in price, can be very annoying, I agree with you. If you just scroll the ads without opening them, you could be led to believe that an item is available for much cheaper than it really is.

I think there is some ebay rule that items in that kind of list need to be similar items eg differing in colour or size, but they should not be completely unrelated items? If an ad blatantly breaks that rule, I guess you could report the ad, see if that makes a difference?

But sure, ebay is sprinkled with sellers with poor practices, but also plenty who are great, so you need to do a bit of 'buyer beware' work before you buy.

Just as a PS, I am all for honest feedback. With one purchase you wrote something like Negative buying experience. Fair enough. But it would be more helpful to other buyers if you could spell out what went wrong. Was it time taken to post, was it a damaged item, item not quite as described etc

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Over-all I think E-bay is pretty good for buyers. Their customer information service is also pretty good addressing things from my experience. 

However, one thing from a year or so back I found disenchanting was that someone with less than 10 (all as buyer from what appeared to be cheap mass sellers) was listing a series of massively rare vinyl records at low min bids, which were all over the place (Stones, early jazz Blue Note, recent pop, etc), and their pictures had been cropped from pictures of these items on the net, which had been sold in the past. But the shadows and camera flash glean was the same. It was a pretty obvious scam.

I informed Ebay about it and they took it down, but the same seller relisted the items, and I did it again and they took it down again, then the same seller did it again, and I had wasted a lot of time reporting it with info, but they had just left this seller to keep doing it. I wasn't going to keep repeating this reporting ad nauseam.

I've also wasted time buying from people listed as being in Australia who then sent the textbook from India which took weeks, and a common problem of huge companies listing stuff they don't actually have and then telling me it has to be reordered and it will take more time to arrive at their warehouse, then after a month saying it's no longer available and refunding me. This has happened quite a bit in recent years.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply