ebay/pitneybowes STOLE my purchse.

I bought a piece of Jade paid postage and then got an email saying that they would not ship it nor return to seller, this straiggt out theft. There is no resolution vecause ebay says we will forward your complaint tto a team just for that and the send a BS email/message stating the item was valuable or faulty/damaged and therefor they chose not to ship or return. Questions

1) What is PB's role?, to ship, not to open parcels and see if they are valuable, faulty or damaged.

2) What right do they have to take mail out of any postal system?, fairly certain it is a crime.

3) Why is ebay complicit in the theft of their customers property, once paud it is the buyers property.

This is criminal behaviour, putting funds back into my account to steal an item that is of more value to me than what i paid is not protecting me and the seller as they claim it is stealing. There was and is no contract i made with pitneybowes to sell my item to them. Ebay shame on you!

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: ebay/pitneybowes STOLE my purchse.

The seller doesn't get the item back either. 

PB are a law unto themselves and there's no arguing with them (or eBay).

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Not too different from EBay. Many years ago I was trying to purchase a laser light show from China but got blocked by EBay as it was apparently a prohibited item. I contacted an agent several times to point out that it was a mains powered light show and not a hand held laser which is what it had been categorized as. I also pointed out that I could buy the same wattage laser display from DickSmith so hardly a prohibited item. It was to no avail. Apparently the folks that make these decisions were locked and isolated in their own world and uncontactable. At least I didn't loose any money but still very frustrating.

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

it was raw, uncarved jade, not prohibited at all

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Seems to be the case, how do you know if a seller uses the global shipping system, too much of a muck around asking every seller that question as ebay sugges

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

no and what happens to the item they told me disposed of because it is an expensive item. They mean to say they will onsell it. It's just theft.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

Or just avoid ebay.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

what does that mean?

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

Just raw uncut jade stone

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

no jade is not prohibited.

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Simple - if the listing states 'Customs services and international tracking provided', then it is being sent using the GSP.

You don't even have to open the listing; the info is on the search page.

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply