global shipping program is MAD!

I can't be the only one who feels like the global shipping program is wildly expensive. Shipping from the states has always been expensive but it's starting to get ridiculous. If the seller doesn't enter the exact size abd weight small overages result in massive increases in cost. More than one I've ordered identical small items, done costing $25 more than the other for no explicable reason.

A small camera lens adapter in a container the size of 4 matchboxes and around 100grams cost me $45usd. It was shipped by the GSP through Fedex and the cheek of these people...after about a week last Monday morning the tracking said it was at adelaide airport but the estimated delivery date was Friday 6pm. Assuming the Friday delivery was a glitch I rang up to ask if I cloud pick it up since I would be nearby anyway. They were helpful and said I could. As I was leaving I asked about the Friday delivery, the guy behind the desk said that yes even though it was here and ready they were going to hold it for 4 days before delivery because it was a budget service!

In addition to all that when you search for things, particularly from the US you get the current item price plus the shipping price underneath only to find when you go into the items actual page that the estimated price is actually much much more.

I wish they would kill this GSP or at least make it easier for US sellers to also offer regular first class and priority shipping because it's starting to get crazy.

I'd be curious to hear all of your stories, I'm surei can't be the only one.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: global shipping program is MAD!

Yep im looking at 2 discovery 2 interior door panels. identical in size & weight , one is lh & other rh side.

postage for one in $68 US the other $134 US... go figure. Seller says its out of his control.

Thru Ebay Global Shipping 

Cheers

Message 51 of 51
Latest reply