is iit normal for an item sent from usa to go via dubai

jbmbkb
Community Member

i just tracked a parcel im waiting on which was purchased from the usa sent via 

USPS Priority Mail International Padded Flat Rate its currently in dubai ..saudi arabia is this normal to go hallf way around the world in the wrong direction before coming to australia 
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: is iit normal for an item sent from usa to go via dubai

yeah it happens sometimes. I've had parcels go to some weird places before.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Can do. A lot more companies are sub contracting their freight to other companies. May or may not be under their own brand either.

In doing so its usually cheaper for them to do it, time frame maybe the same if not more by 2 to 4 days depending on the original agreement of freght time.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

so likely they cheaped out on my postage, even though i payed a considerable amount extra to ensure a faster delivery? 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Just don't blame the seller. As your OP states, it was sent USPS Priority Mail International, which is presumably what you paid for, so your beef is with USPS NOT the seller.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

i dont blame the seller ,the seller posted it quickly, i was just worried where it is at the moment, it just seemed strange to me going all that way before heading to australia 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

USPS contracts a lot of their overseas mail to courier companies.  If it goes via Dubai or Timbuktu there is not much you can do about it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply