is this item fake?

sezeling
Community Member

hi guys

i just bought an item at a ridiculously low price (200$ with free postage) while fair market price should be somewhere around 600$.

basically it is a ferrari resin model made by bbr and i check the detailed description and make sure everthing is ok, i paid via paypal and the item support paypal money back policy as well. the feedback of this seller is 100% and it seems fine but i am still worried since it is almost impossible to buy such a bargain!! i am quite good at model cars and there is no way they make something copycat to replace the authentic ones, so what should i do? is this fake for obvious reasons or should i wait since the seller just mark it as shipped?

Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: is this item fake?

Sorry, I really do not understand why the delivery date makes the seller a scammer.

Can you explain please?

As Tippy says.....the seller does not estimate the delivery date, ebay does.

Message 51 of 93
Latest reply

We already know the seller is a scammer. If the OP has to wait another fortnight to get his money back, maybe the lesson will sink in.

Message 52 of 93
Latest reply

Yes Dave, it is well established that the seller is a scammer but I was just wondering how the shipping time proves the fact.

There can be several reasons for long shipping times but the sellers are far from being scammers.

Message 53 of 93
Latest reply

the biggest issue is that the seller is based in au but location of item he listed is hongkong and that's why ebay estimate the period it would take to delivery as 28 days. this is also quite clear in the discription of the item. it does not make sense since the default currency is aud instead of usd of local currency of hk.

Message 54 of 93
Latest reply

28 days from Hong Kong is not unreasonable.....and an Australian based seller can drop ship from anywhere....again, not evidence of a scammer.

If the item is listed on the Australian site the currency will be AU$...again not proof of a scammer.

Message 55 of 93
Latest reply

i bought a cheap spray gun that came from china, took about 4 weeks but did turn up and was as described. was only $20 inc post so i wasnt overly worried plus if it didnt turn up you can do an item not recieved.

Message 56 of 93
Latest reply

well we will wait and see, as i mentioned this model is limited to 20pcs worldwide so no way you could buy one with such a ridiculous low price.....but we wil wait and see until 5/26

Message 57 of 93
Latest reply

And as stated, you KNEW it wasn't legit, but bought anyway. Then came running to the boards. Then complained about waiting to get your money back when you KNEW you weren't going to get the, nonexistant, advertised item.

Wait out the time, get your money back when the option is available, and, in future, don't expect a ripoff bargain is something you are likely to get on eBay these days.

The days when mug sellers would sell value for peanuts have generally long gone.

Message 58 of 93
Latest reply

i would think its a scam too

only 20 world wide and selling cheap says fake to me.

keep us informed

Message 59 of 93
Latest reply

yes i know that it is a rare fault for me. 

Message 60 of 93
Latest reply