missing item

isob-7325
Community Member

I recently bought an item and the item did not arrive.

They refuse to contact me. 

The history in my eBay account has been deleted for this item . 

There is no evidence I even bought the item in eBay. The only proof I have is in some of the 

emails I got from the seller that the item has been sent. 

What do I do. eBay will not help me.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

missing item

Can you confirm

You have changed the time period in the drop down menu to cover when you bought the item?

That you opened the item not received dispute and followed it through within the time limits?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

You cannot name sellers in the forums.

If the purchase has disappeared, it may be because it is more than 90 days since the order was placed.

Looks like the seller is registered in Australia, but drop shipping from China.

Have you read the Buyers help section about what to do when things go wrong?

If you paid via Paypal, you can open a case for "Not Received" (you have 180 days) and do not close it until you have your funds back, even if the seller contacts you to tell you they will send another one.

Lastly, make sure your postage address is up to date - you have no idea how many people move home and don't bother to double check things when putting through payment.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

Buyers help is completely unhelpful. 

I think eBay is supporting a world wide scamming unit that originates from China. I will never use eBay again.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

@isob-7325 wrote:

Perhaps if you answered Jelly and Sandy's questions you'd get some help from members here.

Spitting the dummy and threatening to leave eBay will get you nowhere................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

So you read this bit in the Buyers Guide? Especially the part about opening a case?

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042&st=7&po=1&uc...

Part of buying on any platform is being proactive, monitoring the time an item is taking and taking responsibility about being informed and using the tools that Ebay gives you. I mean, the ability to open a case is right at your fingertips!!! Also, you can easily see where the seller is registered by looking at their feedback page. You can also check out their feedback and look for red flags before purchasing.

Screenshot of part of the help that is available on the link I put above......if only you took the time to read it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 12.00.09 pm.png

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

I can see you are fairly new to ebay so you may not know how it works but I can promise you that sandy and jellybird are spot on.

If you're not sure how to get a look at your past purchases, go to the ebay home page and read across the top, you should see a tab on the right hand side that say 'My ebay". Click on it to see your purchase history. You can also get into purchase history from ebay summary if you scroll down to 'orders'.

I am assuming you got this far in the past as you say there is no record of your purchase? It can't have been all that recent then as purchases will show for about 60 days. You can access information about earlier purchases though. I will show you a screenshot from my own page.

ebay.PNG

If your purchase is not showing at all, then check out the spots where I have put the arrows. Make sure your orders are not 'hidden' and if you need to, hit the tab to look at purchases for 2021.

Your purchase should then show up.

Ebay may not help because it is possibly beyond the 30 days. In future if you use ebay (and you don't have to purchase stuff from China, I usually choose to support Australian sellers), always keep that 30 days in mind. You can open an ebay claim independently, you don't need the seller's permission.

If you paid by paypal you can open a claim with them now, if you have missed trhe ebay deadline.

The others were right though in that it pays to check out the help pages so you know how ebay works, it is really not a world wide scamming unit.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

Post in wrong reply. Removed content

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

NOTE: Correct post reply - re-posted to intended recipient.

----------------------------------------------

.. .. .. ..

@isob-7325 wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

Perhaps if you answered Jelly and Sandy's questions you'd get some help from members here.

Spitting the dummy and threatening to leave eBay will get you nowhere................

---------------------------------------------

Hi there isob-7325  and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear of your situation and completely understand your frustration.

Perhaps if you could please let us know a bit more of the situation as per jellybirddesigns and sandypebbles questions we'd have a bit more to go on. Thanks.

Being frustrated and wanting to leave eBay is understandable and not uncommon. However, let's see what can be done to rectify.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

missing item

As all that has already been asked - that is a great help. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply