pitney bowes postal scam

ag4440
Community Member

the global shipping program is a scam

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

pitney bowes postal scam

It is not a scam, but it is not particularly 'friendly'.

Check through the boards and I am sure you will find quite a few threads that relate to GSP

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

Woeful to say the very least. IMO. 

Message 3 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

@ag4440 wrote:

the global shipping program is a scam

I agree with you.  What else do you call a 'service' that is horribly overpriced, where you MIGHT get your purchase (or not), and if you do you MIGHT get it undamaged (if you are lucky).  I reckon the S stands for Scam not Shipping.

Message 4 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

If you think it is so bad why keep buying from sellers who use it? Some US sellers have no idea what goes on after they have posted the item and don't realise how expensive it is or how poorly they treat their packages so if I see something I would have bought I email the seller and say that I would have bought from them if they did not use GSP.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If you think it is so bad why keep buying from sellers who use it? Some US sellers have no idea what goes on after they have posted the item and don't realise how expensive it is or how poorly they treat their packages so if I see something I would have bought I email the seller and say that I would have bought from them if they did not use GSP.

I don't!

I usually contact sellers and ask if they will ship using a cheaper method (usually USPS 1st Class International with E-DELCON).

Some will, some won't.

Some don't realise parcels can be fully tracked to Oz using this cheaper method.  Some don't even realise they have signed up for the GSP.  Some don't realise they are advertising their items for sale to overseas buyers when they will only ship within the US.  Most have no idea of the total cost to overseas buyers.....and then there's the sellers who don't care about their customers and think the GSP is the greatest thing since sliced bread because they can send everything to Pitney Bowes and if it all turns to custard, well it's not their fault.

There's nothing I buy that I must desperately have at any cost that would induce me to purchase it from a seller who only uses the GSP.  I'd rather not bother at all...or I can wait and see if another seller has the same thing and doesn't use the GSP.  Ebay items are like Melbourne trams....another one will be along eventually. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

Well. I swore that I would never use it.............but I did. I bought a very heavy quilted bedspread and pillowcases which would have cost a heap to send through normal postage, but it cost $29, which is really not too bad and it arrived in nine days. And the bedspread set itself was a very good price.

So, pick your items. It seems to have some value for heavier things.

Message 7 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

I just adore the G(igantic) S(tupendous) P(rofits) service.

Their offer of no care, no responsibility is great and their extra special offer of only shipping an item if they feel like it, and selling it through their eBay store if they don't feel like shipping it just clinches the deal for me every time.

Message 8 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

@ajarnjenny wrote:

It often is cheaper for heavier things. I paid nearly half of what I would have if it went via USPS. Light things on the other hand, forget it. Plus you can't combine postage so you pay full postage on each item you buy.....then they all get sent together in one box. The seller doesn't get all that extra postage, GSP does. The seller gets their stars trashed though when I buyer finds out they've paid over $200 in postage and it only cost $25.

Message 9 of 64
Latest reply

pitney bowes postal scam

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@ajarnjenny wrote:

It often is cheaper for heavier things. I paid nearly half of what I would have if it went via USPS. Light things on the other hand, forget it. Plus you can't combine postage so you pay full postage on each item you buy.....then they all get sent together in one box. The seller doesn't get all that extra postage, GSP does. The seller gets their stars trashed though when I buyer finds out they've paid over $200 in postage and it only cost $25.

And how do you know whether the seller has the stars "tampered with" if you ding them over a GSP issue?  It has already been stated that neutrals and negatives will be removed if they are GSP related.

Message 10 of 64
Latest reply