seller changes delvery method post sale

HI everyone,

Would aprreciate some advice.

A reasonalby expereienced adn easy going buyer, but this has never happened to me before.

Recently bought a dress. ebay postage 3 kg signature on delivery stated as the postage method.

Paid promptly.

Yesterday got an email from a COURIER company telling me my parcel was on it's way, and "If an attempt to deliver your consignment is made, and no one is available to accept the delivery, redelivery fees will apply."

I won't be there to accept as I work full time. Had I known in advance I coudl have arranged to have it sent to my workplace.

I immediatley contacted the seller, pointing out they had altered the delivery method with no communication at all and that it was goign to be problematic for me. I asked if they could alter the address their end to my work address ( the email  gave me no options to conatct the coureir company).

NO response from seller.

I am almost certain that the courier company will NOT leave item at my house, but leave a card asking me to either come to depot in person OR pay extra for another delivery.

I'm not prepared/ not able  to do either.

What do I do in this case?

Just leave the item where it is and make a item not received claim? 

Would ebay honour this given that the seller has altered delivery method with no communicaiton?

I am about to be goign away for work for a couple of weeks in a few days adn really don't need this hassle hanging over me.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: seller changes delvery method post sale

Have you tried replying to the courier's email ?    Perhaps asking if they will deliver to your work place or if they will accept an "authority to leave"

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

First I would try carraone's advice. If this does not work, I would contact the seller again explaining this was not the postage option you payed for and you wont be home to accept the delivery and wont be paying extra fees for redelivery attempts. The seller will need to contact the courier company to arrange for the delivery address to be changed or return of the item to the seller.

It is a bit tricky. If you open an item not recieved case, the seller may be able to provide a courier company tracking number showing delivery was attempted. Ebay may take this to mean the seller has done the right thing. Better to try to resolve the issue than fight it all the way. I agree the seller has done the wrong thing, but softly, softly might be best.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Most (not all) courier companies will accept an Authority to Leave....ring them BEFORE they have attempted to deliver.

A lot will depend on what the seller has stated on their Con note....if a Signature is required they are less likely to agree to the ATL.

If it is StarTrack they will leave it and take a photo of where it is.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Ok thanks for advice, - I will try to follow up.

The email sent is a generic one that does not accept replies.

There are no specific contact numbers for the courier company provided ( and it's not startrack it's Transdirect)

Pretty certain that  I will not be able to  alter delivery method - it has to be the sender/payer of the service -  as they are regarded as the customer

Can't see why the  ebay seller would suddenly start replying when they've already been contacted and haven't replied.

I can see an awful lot of time needing to be wasted over what should have been a very simple transaction!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

type 'transdirect' into google, get their website, choos 'contact us' at the top of the page, choose the number closest to you

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@2007vera wrote:

Pretty certain that  I will not be able to  alter delivery method - it has to be the sender/payer of the service -  as they are regarded as the customer

Not true.   Most courier companies will offer an Authority to Leave, depending on what the sender has advised.

I place an regular order with a company using Fastways and they have a section on the order form for me to give an ATL and tell them where to leave it.

If that has not been filled in and I miss the courier I can go on line and fill it in for delivery the next day.

Most companies have a similar system now.....it cuts down on inconvenience for the sender and the receiver.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

yes exactly - depending on what the SENDER has advised - and the sender advised nothing as they didn't communiated with me first.

.They would not alter my order to recieve as the customer - exactly as I suspected

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply