seller charged me postage for two items and then sent together - wrong?

teporar0
Community Member

hope someone can help me here.  last weekend I won two auctions from a seller.  first was for 99 cents + 8.50 shipping.  i sent through payment straight away.  then a half hour later I won a second auction $36.99 + $7 shipping.  I messaged the seller before paying for the second and asked if he could combine postage on the two items. he said sorry it but the first was already packed up and courier called, so no combining.  so I paid the 36.99 + 7 shipping for the second one. each item had a different tracking number, but all the week the first items tracking number just says "shipping info received by australia post" without any updates, while tracking on the second kept updating during the week.

today I received the second item, and it had the first item packed in with it.  the seller obviously decided to combine them to save on postage, and pocket the extra payment I made for postage, after saying he coulntt combine them.  they're both small and light items, and i don't think sending them together would have cost any more - still less than 500g combined in a small box.

can i report this seller to ebay and get my second postage payment back?  thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 83
Latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: seller charged me postage for two items and then sent together - wrong?

Let us know how you get on with this.

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@4channel

you are kidding?  Aren't you?

No not kidding. Dead serious.

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Check the post dates.  The transaction was a year ago!

Flamin Heck ( ™ Ray Meagher ) I never checked the original post date. Thanks for pointing that out k1ooo-slr-sales .  I just saw the receny replies by kobr1215  and assumed it was a new thread.  Yeah, I doubt if Tepora will reply to this one. Cheers

Message 81 of 83
Latest reply

trust me, teporar will have read the recent posts

Spoiler
they have been active these last few days on their other posting ID.
Message 82 of 83
Latest reply

Spoiler

The only way I'd be able to establish the OP's other posting ID is to take them into custody, cuff them to an interrogation table, and force them to listen to PIKOTARO's PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) over and over and over and over and over and over again.

When they are broken, I will ask one question.

Message 83 of 83
Latest reply