seller used this 1 account to inflate bidding what is my recourse?

jabl4815
Community Member

so I bid on a few things on this sellers store. I kept seeing the end price being wellll over what the item was worth. so I checked the bid history and it seems like there is this 1 account that only buys from this seller. what is my recourse, as I think I am entitled to the item at the price I bidded on before the fraudulent bidding started
this was the bid history of the winning bidder. as you can see they only bid on this seller 
I blocked out the item so they don't get harassed etc 

will ebay retract all the bids?? and let me have it for my original bid??  What usually happens ?? 
its not just a maybe. you can clearly see just the 1 account all he/she did was bid on this seller. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@jabl4815,

eBay won't retract all the bids. They won't let you have the item for your original bid.

However, it does look as though shill bidding may be going on.

eBay's Shill bidding policy Hyperlink

eBay explain what may happen (if you report your suspicion that this could be shill bidding):

โViolations of our policies may result in a range of actions, including:

• Listing cancellation
  • Limits on account privileges
  • Account suspension
  • Forfeit of eBay fees on canceled listings
  • Loss of PowerSeller status
  • Referral to law enforcementโž

I suggest that you report it to eBay. Report shill bidding Hyperlink

As to the item, it's best to move on. The seller isn't going to sell it to you at a price they deem too low, so I hope you can find the item for which you're looking from another seller.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Can you give us the item number for that listing

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

112 bids on 84 seperate items,  but only  87 % of bids were with the one seller that you are accusing of shill bidding, also the bidder does not have any bid retractions.  As the idea of shill bidding is to drive up the price, not win the item, it is possible that they just like what the seller is offering, and like many buyers in that category like to get as many items with combined post as possible.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

am I allowed to. I dont want to instigate any harassment or even deformation etc. that's why I blacked it out 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

there is also the same activity on 3 other items with 3 other buyers over those items that the seller had. also the account names are the same just with a 1,2,3,4

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, you are allowed to post the item number.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

jabl4815
Community Member

so Ebay has already taken action. the listings cant even be viewed so they have removed them. I would say he has a big reprimand 
there is about 5 accounts associated with shill bidding for the coins and then a jewelry store as well. 
I just wish I could get the items for the fair bid I made. 
it was silly like a 1/2 oz silver coin was selling for $45 bucks that's way over the price for 1oz silver coins LOL 

I don't understand why ppl do this. why not just put a reserve that way you get what you want or you keep it 

They should be made to give it to me for the price or delete their store or something. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Why not put a reserve? Maybe because reserves are basically limited to vehicles.

Maybe if you were up to speed with how eBay Australia works you would understand.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@jabl4815 wrote:

am I allowed to. I dont want to instigate any harassment or even deformation etc. that's why I blacked it out 

still waiting for number

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply