tracking

30 mins ago eBay's tracking claimed my order is finally 'in transit' after four working days at 'sent' status, but has now reversed that 'in transit' status and has gone back to 'sent' status.

My $600 order is where? The correct tracking number is? When do I have to be at home to sign for my order? Do I have to sign for my order or has the seller given the courier company who doesn't know where my order is or what the tracking number is, 'authority to leave' it where?

Unfortunately (for me the customer) no-one is willing to answer any of my legitimate questions because that is how eBay works.

I'm never again buying anything on eBay worth more than $10 which I am prepared to lose.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

tracking

I can't even get my home page to open with purchase history

Do you mean your My ebay page?  Have you tried changing it here?

On the right hand side up the top.

landing page.PNG

Otherwise, bookmark it and come in that way.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

My review for this seller was...

Item not sent, seller untruthful, and eBay had to refund me because seller wouldn't... was edited to read... Item not sent, seller untruthful, and eBay had to refund me.

But for some reason eBay doesn't want buyers to know that eBAY had to refund me because the seller wouldn't because...? The seller lied to me that they had refunded me on multiple occasions before eBay refunded me but eBay...

I bought the $580 dollar outboard engine bracket that arrived today on Amazon 🙂 It is available on eBay of course, but now that I'm eBay wise I decided to buy it from Amazon.

Problem resolved!

View solution in original post

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

tracking

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Your problem lies with your particular seller, not ebay.

Ebay doesn't sell anything, it's just a platform for individual sellers.

Ask the seller these questions.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Where is the item coming from and who is the carrier?

It is a bit difficult to offer any advice without knowing a few details.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

Who have you tried contactng to answer your questions?

I am confused as to if you have indeed contacted the seller, the courier company or if you have indeed contacted eBay

You have just said what the tracking shows, so you must already have the tracking number

We cannot tell you when you need to home, if you need to sign, the tracking number (again) you said the tracking shows but then ask what the tracking number is

People here have no involvement at all in this. we are buyers and seller like you, we cannot answer your questions on something that is nothing to do with anyone on this forum

I also do not know how 'eBay' can know what Australia Post or the courier company are doing

Is this from the seller with several negs for items not arriving and giving fake tracking numbers?

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

I have asked the seller and courier these questions, but both stopped communicating with me as soon as both realised there really was a problem with my order and the tracking. eBay provides the platform so it is ultimately responsible, hence the eBay guarantee.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

Then open a case for Item not receeived as soon as it's allowed.

Get your money back.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

As mentioned you, the buyer need to open an item not received dispute if it does not arrive

ebay do not do this automatically for you

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

The item was supposedly sent by REMOVED who can't provide me with a tracking number that provides any information other than 'sent' for four days, and the courier is fastway who stopped communicating with me when I provided them with the tracking number which they asked me to confirm because...? Clearly there is a problem with the tracking number and both parties are just waiting it out to see if my order ever turns up without proper tracking.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

Okay. I was not asking the forum any questions per se. I know full well that only the seller and, or, the courier can answer my questions. My point is that none of these questions can or have been answered by either the seller or the courier. I expressed myself badly I now realise. Surely though, these fundamental questions should be answered by the seller, but they just won't communicate with me now they know there is a problem
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

tracking

That seller has several negs for not sending items at all, giving fake tracking numbers and sending incorrect/faulty items

Open whichever dispute is required as soon as you can (be it not recieved/damaged/incorrect)

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply