why can't I leave feedback for all items I purchase

Some items I purchase don't allow me to leave feedback. One in particular is a bad service seller with a feedback of 99.5% but there is no link to leave them feedback on my bad experience.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: why can't I leave feedback for all items I purchase

I am guessing you bought from Chinese sellers.

You only have 60 days to leave feedback.

If you leave a neg or neut then you can upgrade to positive later so best not to miss the feedback deadline.

Chinese sellers are notorious for stringing buyers along beyond deadlines.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Also, if they are a Power Seller, and you want to leave a neutral or neg, then you have to wait 7 days to do so.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

That seems very odd, I have never struck that before.

Have you gone into your purchase history? You can change the time span shown. If you look just above the tabs there is some print saying you can show orders from eg 60 days, but you can change that to 2018 in the drop down menu.

Anything you bought should be there.

If you bought the items more than 60 days ago, you won't be able to leave feedback and I believe with unpaid items, no feedback can be left either, but that does not sound as if that is the case with your purchase.

With negative feedback, sometimes you have to wait before you can give that to some big sellers (so I have read) though positive feedback can usually be given any time.

Let us know how you get on & if you find a link.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

I am guessing you bought from Chinese sellers.

You only have 60 days to leave feedback.

If you leave a neg or neut then you can upgrade to positive later so best not to miss the feedback deadline.

Chinese sellers are notorious for stringing buyers along beyond deadlines.

image host
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Also, if they are a Power Seller, and you want to leave a neutral or neg, then you have to wait 7 days to do so.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Yes can find the order but can't give feedback and probably because Chinese seller and outside the 60 days as the next reply explained. Thanks

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

It makes no difference whether it is a Chinese seller or not......you cannot leave feedback for any seller after 60 days.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

j.b001
Community Member
Why not. That's noy very good. I've been polite and patient with seller but now I have realized that it's a scam.
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@j.b001 wrote:
Why not. That's noy very good. I've been polite and patient with seller but now I have realized that it's a scam.

Try reading the rules before complaining......it is 60 days to leave feedback and no more.

Ebay has plenty of help for buyers to get their refunds and eave feedback but yu need to follow their strict timeframes.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

this is a joke, no wonder ebay is dead now. the seller just kept telling me they would refund and now I realise they were stringing me out for the 60days. what a S***TY site this is. off to amazon we go from here on out.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@chrispilla wrote:

this is a joke, no wonder ebay is dead now. the seller just kept telling me they would refund and now I realise they were stringing me out for the 60days. what a S***TY site this is. off to amazon we go from here on out.

Sorry, but you are the one that allowed that to happen, eBay notifies you when the time limit is nearing for feedback to be left.

NEVER rely on promises for a refund, ALWAYS open a case with eBay within their time limit (30 days past the last ETA of the item), and don't close it until you are completely satisfied with the outcome, once a dispute is closed it cannot be reopened.

Caveat Emptor.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 25
Latest reply