why does ebay support sellers ripping off customers

why does ebay support sellers that won't honour warranty upon products? why is there no complaint process to investigate sellers that don't honour warranty that is more than 30 days from purchase........they give you gov't agencies to complain to but won't take complaints themselves unless it less then 30 days from purchase.when i contacted custumer support to notify  them of a policy breach and the seller breaking Australian consumer laws they didn't wanna know anything about it but for me to contact the gov't agencies....

this tells me that ebay are only interested in there selling fees and not the protection of buyers....has this happened to anybody else? did you get any recourse at all. i personally think that ebay needs to change there complaint process to cater for warranty claims for items past the 1st 30 days from sale it should have somewhere you can voice your concerns then with there current  automatic limited complaint system that your can't really complain unless it fits there drop down responses

if this has happened to anyone else let me know 

thanks

bryan

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

As has been pointed out many times on the boards warranties on eBay (and anywhere else) are worthless UNLESS it is an authorised Australian reseller of the product.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Sellers cannot offer a warranty unless they are an Australian registered, authorised  seller or re-seller of the products/brand 

Customers will be ripped off if they buy from a listing that claims to give a warranty by any seller who is not the above

One could just as easily ask why to buyers opt to buy from sellers lying about a 'warranty' when it is just a word on the screen 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Mate, warranties are only enforcable if the goods were purchased from a registered Australian business, authorised by manufacturer, seller of a product.

Nothing to do with eBay, they don't sell anything except promises. Your beef is with the seller, and warranties have never been covered by eBay, or Paypal for that matter.

There has always been an expectation (in law, even) that a buyer do their due diligence prior to purchasing.

If your defunct item was purchased from a registered Australian business, then you have recourse through the channels you have already been advised by eBay. If not, not.

Edit: @padi & sandy I really need to get a second finger to learn how to type.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Some of the sellers you are buying from have horrific feedback, so I would be doing a little more of what dave pointed out - due diligence

Spit!  Not you dave the OP

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I get an extra 3 hours (during summer) to reply over here Dave so don't feel too bad about your tardiness. true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

You idiot LOL

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

I get an extra 3 hours (during summer) to reply over here Dave so don't feel too bad about your tardiness. true.gif

I have the advantage of the sun being over the yardarm 3 hours earlier. Don't feel too bad about that. true.gif

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Y'know that's 11 am, right?

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Yep. I get a dram at that time.

I don't do rum after an unfortunate encounter with a bottle of Bundy many decades ago.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply