why don't sellers leave feedback until the buyer does

I will not be leaving any feedback to sellers who do not leave feedback after they take my money and i pay fast.

What gives them the right to hold you to Ransom.If they they don't trust they have sent you a product in good condition that is their fault.You as a buyer should get feedback as soon as you pay. 

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: why don't sellers leave feedback until the buyer does

I sell for money, not pretty green dots.

I've never had a red one. If I did I might think differently about the missed chances to dilute it.

Message 41 of 59
Latest reply

Makes no difference, Dave    pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 42 of 59
Latest reply

@books_unlimited_kk43 wrote:

There is no logic in the argument of "some do" "some don't" with buyers. Unfortunately, in 2019 we live in a society of "don't care" don't give a damn". I am a small eBay hobby seller of 12 years, with a feedback score of around 700, with sales averaging 5 items per week. My feedback score should be in the vicinity of 2,000 to 3,000, but it isn't. It is getting worse, with my current 10 sales from last 2 weeks, only 1 buyer has left feedback.

????

Feedback score of around 700..........only 200 odd are for sales.

The other 500 are for buying

????

Message 43 of 59
Latest reply

There is logic with the statement 'some do, some don't' because it is a statement of fact.

Buyers don't have to and only some will. It has always been that way, even in the days when both buyer & seller feedback was pretty crucial (but even then, by no means infallible).

I understand a bit how you feel, back when we sold, our feedback was probably running a good 1000 behind our actual sales.

On the plus side, those who DO leave feedback for you are leaving very good feedback and there are 11 pages of it. The main purpose of feedback is to give a potential buyer some indication of how reliable you seem as a seller. What is coming across in your feedback is that items routinely arrive very quickly and are well packaged. Job done.

I'm mainly a buyer these days and there have been times when I have been tempted to buy something (usually new these days) but have backed out and bought from another seller, at slightly more cost, because several buyers have left feedback (sometimes positive overall) that mentioned long delays or problems. That's what sellers don't see-the buyers who got away.

It's a bit frustrating, sure, when some people never give feedback even when they are happy. Rest assured though that if they weren't happy, they'd soon launch into print.

And don't feel your actions 1-7 are wasted. They are driving the positive feedback you do get (and with a score of over 700, you're in the 'regular seller, 100% FB, we can relax' category) and those 10 sales in the last 2 weeks-maybe the FB you do have helped to achieve those sales. And you don't know yet, some of them may still even give feedback, they get a month.

Message 44 of 59
Latest reply

If I buy a really good book, when it arrives I'd prefer to sit down and start reading it than to run to the computer to leave feedback.
Message 45 of 59
Latest reply

Even if it's just a fairly good book, I opt for the "Devour the book" method.

(I do give feedback as well. However, if the sky were going to fall and I was given a choice between reading my book or giving feedback, it's going to be the book...)

Message 46 of 59
Latest reply

Reading book

Time-honoured tradition of reading on the loo (girl)

Message 47 of 59
Latest reply

I've been a bit slack this year. Because I'm rereading the Wheel of TIme, I set a target of 70 books for the year. Good thing; there ended up being a couple of omnibuses in there. And a set of Gemmell's which are also thickish.

I'll make that, but I normally target 100. An average of about 500pp per week.

Message 48 of 59
Latest reply

I read a different book about every day or so.Smiley Happy

And I definitely sit down to look at my purchases when they arrive.

But somewhere in the next month, I usually find time to give feedback & to come on this messageboard or to check out facebook etcSmiley Very Happy

That's just me though. 

I don't go in too much for this 'I haven't time, I'm too busy' excuse some people might give for why they don't do things, any things.

If they wanted to, often they could make the time. I think the real reason so many buyers don't give feedback is because they just can't be bothered, they don't really want to. And it is voluntary so they don't have to.

Message 49 of 59
Latest reply

One of the worst days for literature was 19th February, 2016. My favourite author died. There is no one like him, and I doubt there will be another to compare.

Message 50 of 59
Latest reply