why don't sellers leave feedback until the buyer does

I will not be leaving any feedback to sellers who do not leave feedback after they take my money and i pay fast.

What gives them the right to hold you to Ransom.If they they don't trust they have sent you a product in good condition that is their fault.You as a buyer should get feedback as soon as you pay. 

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

I bet that if I left feedback for every single buyer as soon as I can after they paid then I would still only receive about a third of feedback in return.  I stopped doing it a long time ago when it became apparent the majority of buyers didn't care to leave feedback anymore.  I now only leave it if they leave me feedback, and it also serves to let me know they got the item.

The rise of the use of mobile devices to do online shopping is partly to blame, I think.  Once it's bought, the only thing left in most buyers' minds is to receive it and move on, go to the next thing.  They're not going to go on their phone and go into eBay and go and type in some feedback, unless something is wrong and they want to complain, or it's something which means a great deal to them.

Message 51 of 59
Latest reply

I think it's definitely easier to navigate from one section to another on a computer, compared to a phone.

Plus, because a phone has a small screen, I am finding some messages from potential buyers (not on ebay) are extremely abrupt eg $30? 

No sentence such as, would you accept $30?

These types of people obviously can't even be bothered punching out a 4 or 5 word sentence when making an offer, so i doubt they would bother with feedback if they bought from ebay. Unless they were unhappy of course. They'd be using all their 80 characters then, you can bet on it.

Message 52 of 59
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:
[...]Unless they were unhappy of course. They'd be using all their 80 characters then, you can bet on it.

One sometimes sees the sort of positive feedback given by an eBay buyer like this:

Positive feedback - the green dotGood

... and you'd think that their negative feedback would be this:

Negative feedback - the red dotBad

... but it's not. It's more like this:

Negative feedback - the red dotHorrible seller. Didn't work, took too long to arrive, worst experience ever. Complete liar! DON'T TRUST! AVOID THIS SCAMMING CHEAT

Message 53 of 59
Latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

That gave me a good laugh, especially the 'worst experience ever.' Smiley Very Happy

These people haven't lived!

Message 54 of 59
Latest reply

I always leave feedback for buyers, but my last 12 or so customers have not left feedback for me.  Maybe buyers don't care about the feedback system and we are all wasting our time leaving feedback?  I don't think I will be leaving any feedback in future and they don't have to waste 20 seconds leaving me any  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 55 of 59
Latest reply

@830brigitte wrote:

I always leave feedback for buyers, but my last 12 or so customers have not left feedback for me.  Maybe buyers don't care about the feedback system and we are all wasting our time leaving feedback?  I don't think I will be leaving any feedback in future and they don't have to waste 20 seconds leaving me any  ๐Ÿ™‚

Most people these days are interested in paying money and receiving goods.

Feedback for buyers is essentially irrelevant, but many value it.

I leave feedback for buyers once I've posted their item. No mess, no fuss. If they leave feedback for me (30%) that is their choice. It doesn't affect me, and I don't feel any need to take petty revenge on all my buyers to make me feel good.

Message 56 of 59
Latest reply

As a seller I leave feedback as soon as I get paid it's automated that way.

But as a buyer sellers mostly don't leave feedback perhaps because I have private feedback? and they don't see the point.

But I do love it when the colour of my star changes.

I'm bored with lilac,I need a change so come on you sellers give out those feedback our lives depend on them.

Without feedback there would be no ebay surely everyone knows that Woman Tongue

Message 57 of 59
Latest reply

I used to do feedback straight away. Never do anymore until I receive feedback from the buyer, ensuring no bogus claims/scams. Consider this. The serious serial scammers will either open a new account or hijack an old one, buy a heap of stuff from China to get instant feedback to make them look legit, then proceed to scam buyers and/or sellers. The problem for sellers though is regardless of whether it's a new account or not, we have no way of knowing how many claims the buyer has previously made, so they will have 100% shiny glowing positive feedback. It should be made mandatory for sellers to withhold feedback before receiving it because those that do may well be putting a knife in the back of other sellers. And regarding holding you to ransom? Yes as said it's voluntary abd that ransom is more likely to come from buyers given they have the power over that lovely red dot that we get stuck with for a year. 

Vent over ๐Ÿ˜‚

Message 58 of 59
Latest reply

I would rather not receive feedback than a negative lol Seriously though, who really cares if they don't leave feedback? Having said that, I do take that into consideration if there are other red flags and they haven't left a single feedback for anyone. Only when there are other red flags though

Message 59 of 59
Latest reply