Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Seller Claims Account Hacked and I Should Chase Hacker Myself

I recently bought something from eBay and after the due date for delivery, raised a Case to have the Seller return my funds or at least provide a tracking number The seller responded saying they never sold me the item, their account was hacked and th...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

can you exclude away sellers from search?

you know the message at the top of the page "This seller is currently away until *****, and isn't processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later" Having looked around abit, there doesn't seem to be an optio...

• 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful

eBay discount code will not work

eBay have sent me multiple reminders this week that I have a $5 voucher. Everytime I try and use it, it said it's not valid. The item has to cost more than $5, check. I've tried to buy some sunglasses from various sellers but it never works. All the ...

• 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Received an empty box, what should I do?

Hi all. I bought a $380 10k gold diamond bracelet from an international seller but instead received an empty jewelry box in the package. What I did was immediately opened a dispute at paypal after receiving the empty box (oh yes, I panicked). And aft...

• 28 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Seller sold me item; then would only accept Direct Deposit; I paid; nothing sent; can't dispute?

Hi all, Long time seller and buyer but first time on the boards. I won an auction for an item on the 30th May. I paid for the item via Paypal immediately, but the following day the money was refunded. I contacted the seller and he informed me he pref...

• 46 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Is GSP compliant with Australian law?

Hi - Just wondering if the checkout is compliant with Australian laws that stipulate GST must be seperately identified in the transaction. On some items have a line expressly itemised at the checkout. Other items that use GSP only state "import charg...

• 28 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Where Is All My Stuff Going???

Noticed over the last 18 months or so that a lot of the Chinese purchases I make never arrive. I'm thinking there must be an airport scam whereby they see items coming to Austraila with an untrackable number and.....poof...it's gone. Some of these it...

• 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful

DHL shipping to residentual property

HelloSo i wrote this to ask you about DHL shipping. The reason is because i have never have my item deliver to my door but instead to click and collect service ( Courier/ AU Post) and post office ( Australia Post parcel collect). However, i'm trying ...

• 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful

GST when buying overseas - a few FACTS

The following link provides some very clear information on the new GST when buying from overseas. It's fairly short and to the point. https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/International-tax-for-business/GST-on-low-value-imported-goods/Information-for-consu...

Product in Australia but sellers are overseas

I purposely search for Australia Only, I like to buy Australia and like my purchase quickly. Why is it possible then for the product to be located in Sydney (for example) and then be sent from Hong Kong by an overseas seller.? This seems deceitful to...

• 66 replies
  • 11 Helpful

missleading product listings

Hi, I've been searching for a TPS (throttle position sensor) for a VY Commodore V6 and I've found these listings forTPS Throttle Position Sensor For Holden Commodore V6, VS, VT, VU Ute, VX ,VYWhen I've used the compatiblity checker it says its not co...

• 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful

first time using ebay now <Removed> is stealing money from account - ebay has become dangerous

lady at work who only shops from big retailers like target, kogan etc signed up for ebay for the first time ever and bought a book from melbourne based seller now is having money stolen out of her account by a US company called for purchases in the ...

Australian Business Numbers (ABN)

I am a bookkeeper in Australia and would like to record gst correctly. Is there an easy way for me to identify the abn of a seller if they are operating a business in Australia?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful