What is best? Appeal an eBay decision, go to Paypal or chargeback?

Please give advice. I will keep it brief.

I received an item poorly packed and damaged.  I discussed a partial refund and seller was going to pay. He wanted me to cancel refund process and then he would pay and I refused saying I would cancel after refund received.  Seller contacted eBay and said I caused the damage and the "funds are for a cancer patient".  They got the refund cancelled in their favour.  eBay will not help and say to contact Paypal.  I don't feel Paypal will support me as I have the item which was tracked etc. I cant contact the seller after the horrid texts I received when he won the case, gloating.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Pretty sure you can open INAD in paypal, keep the messages btwn you and seller. Did you by chance take photo's of the damaged package before opening?

You will need all the proof you can manage to get together, may not be succesful, but worth a try. Not sure why funds being for a cancer patient would be relevant, item was either damaged or not.

Good Luck

edit to say: Just read the 'chargeback' part, if paypal not succesful I would go that route

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Go the paypal route first.....item not as described.  But join the paypal return postage paid scheme BEFORE opening the dispute or you will have to pay for the return.

If that fails for some reason you can then try a chargeback.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The problem may have been because of the request for partial refund rather than return of item for full refund.

As long as you proceed along those lines with your PayPal request, you should be fine.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

What others have said.

Go paypal.

Go for item not as described, with evidence of damage (photos etc) if need be.

Don't go into too many details of why you think item is damaged, just that it is.

Go for full refund, none of this partial refund discussion. Don't even bring that up.

You won't be contesting the fact it arrived, all you will be claiming is the seller sent you a faulty item.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I got full refund from eBay under appeal. Don't think seller will pay though and eBay will. He even got my negative feedback removed and it was polite.
Thanks for your advice
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@kleinig_clan wrote:
I got full refund from eBay under appeal. Don't think seller will pay though and eBay will. He even got my negative feedback removed and it was polite.
Thanks for your advice

I didn't see your negative feedback, but if you mentioned a dispute, or a refund, then eBay can remove it on request from the seller. You can't mention disputes or refunds in feedback. Yes, a lot do, and the seller doesn't know they can have it removed, so it's visible for all to see, but the policies state that you aren't meant to mention those things.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply